Customer Service Manager
Philadelphia, PA, USA | FMC Corporation
Functions:Customer Experience & Support
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets.If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
The North America Customer Service Manager is responsible for supervising the customer service organization that supports FMC North America Crop and Global Specialty Solution with day-to-day management. This role is accountable for driving improvements in collaboration with our Order to Cash (OTC) Center of Excellence (COE) to support overall business goals including improved customer satisfaction, as well as, driving consistency and best practices.
• Manage US, GSS and Canadian customer service center to ensure meeting business needs on service quality, order processing, and customer satisfaction. Ensure that customer service representatives (CSRs) are knowledgeable about their job responsibilities, receive support to perform their jobs, and the workload is managed in a methodology consistent with work experience/capabilities
• Understand our global OTC design and ensure business alignment with a focus on additional optimization as needed to support business agility
• Manage team of 8+ CSRs with metrics and analytics to drive performance improvement and adherence to processes
• Ensure daily review of health check metrics on open sales orders are performed by CSRs to enhance customer satisfaction
• Maintain customer master data in an accurate and timely fashion
• Coordinate the monthly internal and external customer service audit responsibilities
• Coordinate/lead special projects as required
• Fulfill role of Order Management/Billing RPO (Regional Process Owners) and collaborate with other RPOs and OTC COE to build global process, assess regional impact of changes needed by others
• Partner with OTC COE to evaluate and design process enhancements consistent with global design
• Partner with OTC COE to develop new training modules, and ensure training is delivered to CSR team
• Manage Super Users in CSR group to ensure they are collaborating globally, consistently expanding knowledge, and consistently supporting CSRs with troubleshooting / new learnings
• Communicate with operations, Sales, Marketing, Planning, and Finance. Keep all affected parties apprised of potential problems or issues impacting the business
• Participate and drive customer service actions in the weekly S&OE meeting(s)
• Develop a detailed understanding of SAP processes for order entry, fulfillment, and billing with a sharp focus to improve manual and Electronic Data Interchange workflow
• Partner with commercial, supply chain and operations to drive analysis to identify and execute most effective options for order fulfillment
• Participate in teams focused on future product introductions and product line expansions to ensure we design customer delight into our supply chain delivery network
• Act as process owner of complaint database
• Handle all major customer complaints escalations. Find solutions and drive root cause analysis and corrective actions development
• Bachelor's Degree in business, supply chain or related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience in a customer service environment
• Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment or regulated environment preferred
• Experience with SAP
• Ability to manage and develop employees
• Demonstrated ability to manage and set customer expectation for customer care
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to provide vision and purpose to customer service
• Proven ability to plan and coordinate workflow and outputs efficiently across multiple functional groups and geographies to align group objectives, timeframes, and deliverables, as well as to provide actionable feedback to keep processes and deliverables on track
• Excellent communication skills to create effective interactions with multiple functional groups and levels of the organization.Includes the ability to present and sell ideas, plans and recommendations through strong personal influence building skills that lead to consensus decisions and plans
• Ability to create, implement, measure, control and improve processes
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive – regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.
FMC complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Already a member? Sign In