Cyber Security Operations Manager / Director
New York, NY, USA | CGS (Computer Generated Solutions)
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:84 people have viewed this job
CGS is seeking a hands-on cyber security manager/director who will be responsible for the day-to-day cyber security operations reporting to the VP, CISO and Compliance officer. You will be accountable for driving adoption of cybersecurity platforms and enhancing security operations and inspiring a growing global team of onshore and offshore professionals.
- Assist CISO in developing and driving the global cybersecurity tactical operational initiatives
- Responsible for operationalizing incident response. Lead technical efforts during a critical incident
- Ensure Security Operations tools are effectively utilized and operating, identify gaps in process or procedure and implement new solutions accordingly.
- Monitor key performance indicator (KPI) metrics; track and report on performance; provide reporting to senior management on performance.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changing threat landscape and review technologies/services and make recommendations
- Under the direction and guidance of the CISO, design, implement and maintain procedures and controls necessary to ensure and protect the safety and security of all information system assets within the organization, including prevention of intentional or inadvertent access, modification, disclosure, or destruction
- Hands on experience with SIEM and Log management such as Splunk
- Hands-on experience with vulnerability management products such as Qualys, Nessus, Tripwire or Rapid-7
- Experience with next gen end point protection such as Crowd Strike or Carbon Black
- Experience with penetration testing
- Security expertise on cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS and GCP
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with IT teams throughout the company to coordinate efforts to protect critical systems
- Communicate vertically and horizontally to keep stakeholders informed and involved on Security Operations matters
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in information security.
- 5+ years of hands-on SOC experience.
- Experience securing both IT and OT environments.
- Ability to respond to critical incidents on a 24x7.
- Demonstrated project management skills, specifically managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- Professional certification in information protection, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Already a member? Sign In