Data Analyst 3, Decision Science and Visualization
Remote, CA, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
The Data Analyst is an action-oriented problem solver with an interest in using data to improve the delivery of healthcare. They are comfortable translating business needs into analytic questions, independently conducting analytic projects, and communicating results to diverse stakeholder audiences. They are proactive, self-driven, and comfortable working independently with peer support. This position will support the data science and analytics team in the development of customer facing analytic dashboards, support self-service analytics, extract and transform data, and interface with stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, and thrives in a creative and dynamic environment.
This is a remote position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Information Management, or related field
- At least 3 years of work experience in analytics or technology
- High proficiency using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik) to create actionable data visualizations and KPIs
- High proficiency with Python for data analysis, general programming, and orchestrating ETL pipelines (e.g. Airflow)
- High proficiency with SQL or other relational databases and proven database experience writing complex, efficient queries
- Knowledge of data modeling and data warehousing concepts
- Demonstrable ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders efficiently and effectively
- Strong knowledge of data science (the design, creation, cross validation, interpretation and implementation of machine learning models)
- Knowledge and familiarity with healthcare data including ICD10, CPT, DRG, HL7, DFT, UB-04
- Knowledge of current issues impacting the healthcare industry (e.g. multi-drug resistant organisms, hospital quality & patient safety metrics)
Nice to Haves
- Experience developing interactive web applications (e.g. R Shiny, Dash)
- Experience in automated tested, CI/CD
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Experience with APIs
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Already a member? Sign In