Data Engineer, Virtualization
Chicago, IL, USA | Northern Trust
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:93 people have viewed this job
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
The Enterprise BI & Analytics team is looking to hire a senior engineer or architect with strong technical skills to lead the application design and development of Northern’s mission critical Tibco Data Virtualization (CDV) platform. The lead must be able to collaborate with offshore and nearshore resources using agile methodology.
In addition, the role requires interfacing with project teams to ensure data solution meets each target operating model. Other responsibilities include supporting Enterprise BI & Analytics organization self-service analytics and data modelling strategy.
• Provide facing with project or technical teams on solution design and data delivery to meet the required SLAs.
• Analyze docket or business data requirements, estimate work effort and coordinate with PM to meet target deliveries.
• Mentor development team. Decide whether to develop new or reuse services from DV library. Responsible for reviewing and cataloging published data services.
• Collaborate with data owners to describe how their data will be used and ensure meeting Northern’s data governance and security.
• Assist EMS via separation of duty process to ensure timely deployment and testing.
• Ability to work with architects to deliver POC to integrate Composite with variety of new technology in the bank such as Kafka, Alteryx, MongoDB, GreenPlum, etc..
• Able to efficiently manage time and multi-tasking as role requires working on multiple projects and attending to firecalls.
• Provide L3 application support for Data Virtualization platform.Assist L1/L2 team to ensure platform is operational 24x5.
• Serve as an expert resource or go to person for CDV application team. Assist with reviewing and testing of host server patching and software upgrade.
• Stay on top of the new innovations in data management and data integration technologies. Help support their adoption at NT.
• 10+ years of overall IT experience
• 5+ years of hands-on knowledge and administration of Tibco Data Virtualization (aka CDV or Composite in the bank).
• 5+ years of experience working with variety of NT architecture and platform services
• Hands on experience working and supporting following:
Database Technology: Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft, DB2 mainframe, AS/400
NT data sources: FundMaster, IOO, Global Security Lending, Security Exposure, OTC/DDM, Compliance Analyst, AIP, ASM, IRAS Performance, EDP, DMC, POP, ERM, CAP, Eagle, IP, NMR, PARE/PACE
NT regulatory reporting data feeds: Solvency II, FATCA
NT reporting platforms: IIP/ORC, MEDM, DataDirect, Managing Reporting, SSRS, Coric IOO, Coric NTAM
Other Vended Apps: Datastage, Alteryx, SSRS, IBM Infosphere
Network & Security: BigIP, SSL/TLS, CA Certs
Already a member? Sign In