Data Engineer, VP
New York, NY, USA | Morgan Stanley
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own.
Supervisory Dashboard (SD) platform is Morgan Stanley’s key risk Indicator system for Institutional Securities (ISG) and Investment Management (IM) globally. SD provides tight oversight and signoff over various forms of risk events originating globally across all of our businesses. SD collects key events related Trade Surveillance, Operational Risk and Conduct violations from various systems and presents high risk items in a workspace customized for each supervisor and allows various signoff, analysis and reporting actions.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior data engineer and systems architect to design, implement, enhance, and support various aspects of the system, including key new deliverables. This position will involve server-side component development as well as evolve a new Centralized KRI Data Store to drive our analytical reporting. Ideal candidate should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. This is a hands-on role as an Agile squad member and technical leader.
- Day to day development in an agile squad
- Design and drive execution on strategic technology solutions
- Collaboration within the organization on current and future state architecture, evolve the data strategy on the Centralized Data Store and help to set our Cloud strategy
- Communicate effectively with stake holders within and outside the team
- Minimum 10 years of experience with Data Engineering, Data Modeling and Data Analysis on a relational DB platform
- Experience with SDLC process and Agile Methodology (Scrum)
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and approaches
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Strong understanding of data-structures and algorithms
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Hands-on Data Mining and analytical work experience
- Knowledge of fixed income and equities trading
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive Environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Already a member? Sign In