Data Governance and Management and CCAR – Internal Auditor
Mumbai, India | UBS
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:69 people have viewed this job
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Do you enjoy investigating complex issues / situations and proposing solutions? We are looking for someone like that to:
• conduct reviews and audits of the Data Management Office (DMO) and the roll out of the Data Management Framework globally. Also, this includes audits related to CCAR and regulatory reporting
• analyze and assess risks associated with data governance, lineage, quality, etc.
• identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks, provide practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified
• document and communicate audit issues, root causes and risks, and prepare reports of audit findings for senior management
• review remediation actions submitted by the business for closure to assess whether these have addressed the relevant original risks
• support senior auditors and Risk SMEs in the quarterly continuous risk assessment,
• successfully collaborate with peers in and across audit teams
• monitor and learn about global regulatory environment, especially in relation to GS and GCS, and their respective processes
• develop and maintain relationships with senior management
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Team in Mumbai. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center (CC) functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. Our team is responsible for auditing the US Capital Planning, Recovery and Resolution, and Data Governance areas. In your role you will focus mainly on auditing the Data Management Functions and their wide variety of processes.
The position is based in Airoli, Navi Mumbai.
• a university degree
• 4 - 6 years of relevant experience in data governance and management, in an internal audit or risk management function
• 1 – 2 years of relevant experience within CCAR
• strong understanding of audit methodology and / or understanding of risks, preferably within the financial services industry
• strong interest and experience with data analytics, data lineage, data quality metrics, etc.
• strong analytical skills – you are able to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions
• an excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders
• reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
• a flexible and committed team player, willing to occasionally travel to other office locations for audit assignments
• able to prioritize and balance your own workload – you have strong time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision
• risk focused and able to perform assessments and analysis taking risk based approach
• excellent communicator, able to effectively communicate at different levels of an organization, verbally and in writing
• curious and willing to discover all aspects of the Bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment
Already a member? Sign In