Data Manager - Infection Control
Houston, TX, USA | M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:77 people have viewed this job
Provides support in the area of Infection Control and High-level Disinfection/ Sterilization of cancer patients. Develops and maintains databases appropriate to the work and responsibilities of Infection Control and HLD/Sterilization. Coordinates all aspects of data management including; practice compliance, data management and analysis, reporting to institutional users, leadership, along with administrative and regulatory duties involving Infection Control and High-level Disinfection/Sterilization
1. Develops and manages electronic databases appropriate to the work and
responsibilities of Infection Control and HLD/Sterilization program.
2. Develops and maintains systems for the coding, editing and computer entry
of data for Infection Control and HLD/Sterilization.
3. Designs and maintains management reports on the databases for Infection
Control and HLD/Sterilization.
4. Performs, assists, and analyzes the entries of Infection Control and
HLD/Sterilization data into computerized databases
5. Adapts, implements and maintains acquired database software most
appropriate for Infection Control and HLD/Sterilization.
6. Assists with descriptive and exploratory statistical analyses
7. Attends departmental meetings as required
8. All other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree with a major in Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree with a major in Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
Required: Five years of experience in database design and management. With preferred degree, three years of experience is required. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.
Preferred: Advanced Excel, Structured Query Database (SQL), Data Visualization, Statistical and Analysis preferably with STATA and or SAS, Critical Analytical Thinking and Data Warehousing.
Already a member? Sign In