Data Services Analyst
Chicago, IL, USA | Alliant Credit Union
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:79 people have viewed this job
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for understanding/driving business data requirements and evaluating the data to those requirements, whether they are for a Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence initiative or to provide Root Cause Analysis for an incident.
A key responsibility is to work with business stakeholders and peers (such as Business Analysts, Data Modelers, BI and Data Engineers) to enhance the organization’s Enterprise Data Strategy for Modern Data Environments including Advanced Analytics, Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
The Data Analyst will also provide documentation and support of your analysis findings and data validation performed for conversion of business requirements into detailed technical designs.This will include business definitions to empower Self-Service Analytics, The data rules identified by you will be used to develop test plans/scenarios and incorporated in data quality and validation routines to ensure the highest quality deliverables.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Facilitate the discovery process with business stakeholders to identify data requirements and expected outcomes
- Profile, analyze and evaluate the data to the data requirements
- Evaluate the systems and process functionality of the data
- Participate in the evaluation of business requirements
- Influence and collaborate with business partners
- Develop test plans and scenarios to ensure the highest quality deliverables
- Propose data quality and validation routines to be used in automated data loads
- Assist with data mapping and data loading logic
- Create/update Data Flow Diagrams
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, you have 5 plus years of experience that includes:
- 4+ years of experience writing complex SQL preferably for data profiling, quality, relationships, definitions and transformations (SQLServer a plus)
- 3+ years of experience as a liaison between the business and Information Technology driving and understanding data requirements
- Passion and curiosity for data, inquisitiveness to understand the lifecycle of data
- Solid experience analyzing data in a Data Warehouse, Data Lake and OLTP environments.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Experience with software quality assurance testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol.
- Proven success working in a collaborative and Agile environment (Scrum methodology a plus).
- Experience or exposure to Tableau, SAP Business Objects & Crystal, Hadoop, and CA ErWin
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
Already a member? Sign In