Data Strategy & Operations Associate
New York, NY, USA | Two Sigma Investments
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world’s data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $58 billion in assets, employs more than 1,600 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Houston and London.
The mission of the Data Strategy & Operations team is to develop and implement the long-term data-related objectives of the firm. The team aspires to help Two Sigma stay best-in-class in data-driven investing while exploring high-potential new business lines that harness the firm’s data, technology and capabilities. The work is multi-disciplinary—blending strategy, technology, investing, execution and operations with a key focus on defining how the data landscape is evolving and determining what Two Sigma must do to protect and extend its competitive advantage. As a member of the Data Strategy & Operations team, you will drive growth by incubating new initiatives/capabilities where data is the core component and work closely with existing data-related businesses at Two Sigma to support operations by building hiring plans, developing budgets and establishing reporting/communication protocols.
In this role, you will join a cross-functional team and make important contributions across a diverse array of projects. You will be expected to develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, finance, data science and engineering. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Supporting firm-wide efforts in data strategy by sourcing, evaluating, tracking and targeting potential partnerships, investments and internal initiatives
- Managing the strategic components of our existing portfolio of high-priority initiatives by defining and tracking KPIs
- Working directly with team leads to develop key business metrics and build dashboards to track progress across prospective partnerships/investments and proprietary content/primary research initiatives
- Supporting the development of a firm-wide proprietary content strategy and primary research capability by conducting surveys, managing vendor relationships and overseeing web-scraping
- Conducting competitive landscape analyses and market mapping within the data and data engineering domains
- Building budgets for existing Data teams in order to inform hiring plans, org. structure, etc.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in roles within the fields of banking, consulting and/or investment management;
- BA / BS degree – majors or minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6;
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, BigQuery and Tableau (e.g., ability to help extract company-level data from SQL, develop reporting dashboards in Tableau, etc.)
- Strong presentation materials;
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data, technology and entrepreneurship;
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills;
- Eagerness to contribute in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
Already a member? Sign In