Dealer and Investors Services/Operations Specialist
Toronto, Canada | Picton Mahoney Asset Management
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:70 people have viewed this job
Picton Mahoney Asset Management (“PMAM”) was founded in 2004 to provide unique investment solutions to institutional, retail and high net worth investors in Canada and around the world. We are proud to say that we are 100% employee-owned and manage approximately $8.9 billion in sub-advisory, pension plan and hedge fund assets on behalf of our clients. We are honoured to make the ranks as one of Canada’s Top-15 Employers as recognized through Great Place to Work® in 2020 and 2021, and one of Canada’s 2020 Best Workplaces™ in Financial Services & Insurance.The core values at Picton Mahoney guide the employee experience and contribute to the culture which fosters strong, transparent relationships.
Why Work at Picton Mahoney?
Picton Mahoney Asset Management is a place where employees can be proud of building a rewarding career that offers growth and the opportunity to evolve within a supportive culture that focuses on professional development. Over the past 15 years, we have learned from feedback and have developed strategies and programs that enhance employee engagement and improve the employee experience. We work together; fully engaged and aligned. We support each other, and our actions contribute to the strategic goals of our firm.We are highly focused on continuous improvement while driving positive change and stronger results across our team and the firm. We believe in integrity and always “doing the right thing” for our clients, colleagues and the firm. We are committed to performance, excellence and winning. At Picton Mahoney, “stepping up” is an action, not a thought, which results in the development and implementation of those ideas. We accept full responsibility for personal performance and results. We believe in being open when providing and receiving feedback, because it makes us better at what we do best.
We also offer generous perks and programs that enhance the career experience with our firm, including: Corporate Wellness & Fitness Reimbursement, Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up, Peer Performance Recognition Awards, Semi-Annual Performance Bonuses, Generous Annual Vacation Entitlement (minimum of 15 days/year), Tuition Reimbursement, Extensive Medical & Dental Benefits, Healthcare Spending Account and more.
Picton Mahoney Asset Management is presently seeking a Dealer and Investors Services/Operations Specialist to join our growing firm in Toronto. The position will play a key role in supporting the Operations team and will also partner closely with the Compliance and Sales teams.
- Manage process for collection, verification and accuracy of investor subscription documentation
- Assist sales team with various tasks including responding to information requests, due diligence questionnaires and communications to external advisor network as needed
- Maintain relationships and oversight for external service providers
- Participate in new initiatives, fund launches or other changes to the investment product suite
- Assist with various operational tasks for entire product range (processing, ad-hoc requests)
- Research investor account activity or performance questions as required
- Assist with new client onboarding and ongoing KYC and investor file maintenance
- Assist with periodic regulatory filing requirement following multiple deadlines
- Provide training to colleagues as necessary
- Special projects, research of industry and competitor analysis or additional day to day tasks
- University degree in business (or relevant area of study)
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- 2-3+ years of related experience preferably in mutual fund trade processing or advisor/sales support
- Knowledge of the administrative functions of hedge funds, mutual funds and the fund industry
- Exposure to ETFs and Platform Traded funds is considered an asset
- Experience with FundSERV, Unitrax or equivalent trade processing software
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Exposure to KYC/AML, FATCA and industry regulations
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and ability to take ownership of a process
- Excellent Communication - both written and oral
- Highly professional, flexible and organized with highest degree of integrity
- Ability to collaborate across departments
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
Already a member? Sign In