DevOps Consultant - Nationwide Opportunities
Fort Worth Area, TX, USA | Amazon
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:71 people have viewed this job
The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. The DevOps Consultant is the emerging leader with previous experience in a lead DevOps role. The Consultant will assist on larger projects or run smaller opportunities independently. A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The Consultant is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional or military experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
· 2+ years of strong hands-on experience of programming in Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object oriented language.
· Experience with cloud native technologies.
· Hands-on experience with code merging and promotion and building and managing CI/CD workflows and tools.
· Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
· Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
· Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks.
· Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity
· Experience with development and automated testing.
· Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate core DevOps concepts (CI/CD, Agile & Automation).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Already a member? Sign In