DEVOPS ENGINEER - VP
Virtual, USA | Citigroup
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:67 people have viewed this job
The DevOps Engineer is a senior level position will be part of the Citi Global Services organization. The Citi Global Compute Services organization is responsible for architecting scalable, secure application platforms. You will be part of a new DevOps team that will look to improve services across the operational platforms through vertical alignment. We are looking to create end-to-end solutions to our challenging operational tasks. You will get to work hands-on with industry leading tools and platforms at extreme scale.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a background in development. Knows best practices in programming and can translate that into solutions in the operations space.
- Take ownership of issues and provide technical leadership in providing real-world solutions
- Work on troubleshooting and resolving complex problems. OS level failures, Authentication, Application setup and Integration, Infrastructure.
- Have prior experience as an SRE or DevOps engineer. Ability to work and communicate with developers, engineers and operations.
- Serve as a technology subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders and provide direction for all firm mandated controls and compliance initiatives, all projects within the group and in creating a technology domain roadmap
- Ensure that all integration of functions meet business goals
- Define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process enhancements
- Recommend product customization for system integration
- Identify problem causality, business impact and root causes
- Exhibit knowledge of how own specialty area contributes to the business and apply knowledge of competitors, products and services
- Advise or mentor junior team members
- Impact the engineering function by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 7+ years’ experience with System Administration (Some Windows experience preferred)
- 7+ years of programming experience (Full Stack, Scripting, IaaC, Python, Golang)
- 4+ years of experience with automation tools (Ansible, Chef)
- 4+ years of experience using and creating RESTful api’s.
- 4+ years of experience and knowledge of SDLC and CI/CD tools (Jenkins)
- Intermediate Knowledge of monitoring tools and dashboard creation (ELK, Splunk, AppDynamics, Sensu)
- Intermediate knowledge of containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware)
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of Git and modern development workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Already a member? Sign In