Waterloo, IA, USA | UnityPoint Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
A Dietitian under the Direction of the Clinical Nutrition Manager is responsible for the dietary approach to the nutritional component of patient care and for planning and providing nutritional education to patients and /or families, staff, and community groups.
Assessment and Planning
• Assesses the needs of patients and families providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
• Develop an individualized plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
• Delivers high quality care while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills, with established policies, procedures, ad standards of care.
• Clinical Education Classes are conducted for any outpatient and classes that are being held.EX) Cardiac Rehab, Pulmonary Rehab, in services to staff, and any community education that is requested.
• Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgment and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of condition of assigned patients.
Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics /Food and Nutrition from an accredited program.
Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and licensed by the state of Iowa or registry eligible
Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to all the ages of the patients served on his/her assigned unit.Able to perform physical assessment on patients the meet the criteria.
Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English.
Basic computer knowledge using word, email and internet.
1-2 years of hospital clinical Dietetic
Already a member? Sign In