Digital Asset Manager
Remote, OH, USA | Southern Graphic Systems
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:120 people have viewed this job
The Digital Asset Licensing Manager (DALM) is primarily responsible for managing, organizing, and maintaining SGS&CO’s font and stock image licensing and assets, and would be the owner and relationship manager of font and stock image vendors. Responsibilities would include: Developing, implementing, organizing and maintaining process and SOPs with regards to font and stock image licensing, overseeing global font server access and permissions, and purchasing any needed fonts and/or stock imagery that falls outside of current vendor’s allocation, and documenting those transactions.
The DALM will be responding to requests from SGSCO facilities all over the world. This person would be assessing customer issues and escalating major requests to designated resources.This role requires strong communication skills (US English required), both verbal and written. Stellar organizational skills, positive attitude, quick thinking and follow-up are key critical characteristics for this role.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ability to accurately document licensing transactions.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers in a friendly, professional and positive manner.
- Work diligently to queue and respond to requests in a timely fashion that meets or exceeds the expectations of our users. Follow-up regularly on open tickets and requests to ensure resources are responding and issues are brought to closure within set SLA’s.
- 3-5 years experience purchasing stock images, music or audio, videos, and/or fonts for all channels
- Exposure to media planning or production, agency experience, or experience as a DAM manager are all a plus.
- Experience with EULAs, SOWs, MSAs and licensing agreements
- Ability to read them and understand them (not write them)
- Experience with Extensis UTC System
- Experience with impressions across mediums is an asset
- Experience with Digital Media (Websites, Banners, Social Media) is preferred
- Experience working directly with clients
Responsibilities will include;
- Oversee font licensing, access, purchasing, deployment and support for end users globally
- Licensing across all channels
- Working within the ITIL change management framework
- Maintaining expiration inventory on all licenses
- On-boarding new buyers
- Training the commercial team on licensing as applicable
- Assisting commercial team with setting adequate and equitable price points
- Liaising with legal on MSA revisions as they pertain to image/font/purchased content usage
- Infrequently attend calls with clients if there are specific questions around licensing and associated costs
- Do their best to ensure we are always charging a minimum margin on all costs of purchased images
- Designing and implementing partner and vender
- Assign and manage partner and vender font licenses program via Monotype Mosaic platform.
- Includes working with internal resources to find distribute Mosaic seats as needed.
- The first point of contact for external vendors and partners, which might include:
- Adobe Stock
- Adobe Fonts
- Getty Images
- Yellow Images
- Monotype (Myfonts, Linotype, Fontshop, Fontsmith, etc.)
General Location Requirements:
- Comply with all SGS standards, applicable regulations and departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Comply with SGS EH&S policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Keep well organized records of transactions.
- Attend company-wide and departmental meetings.
- Assist in any additional responsibilities, as directed by management. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be required to perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by your manager or other management personnel.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in purchasing and managing digital assets such as stock images and/or fonts
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts or related category (Technical certification equivalent accepted)
- Experienced in both Apple Macintosh and Windows Server desktop platforms
- Experience with Active Directory account management as well as security permission management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience troubleshooting Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, a plus
- Experience in enterprise software licensing provisioning preferred
- Excellent English communication skills. French and/or Spanish a bonus
This description is based upon management’s assessment of the requirements and functions of the job as of the date this description was prepared or revised.It is a general guideline for managers and colleagues.It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.Management reserves the right on a temporary or indefinite basis to modify as necessary to meet changing business conditions.
Already a member? Sign In