Digital, FS Digital Architect, Manager – Senior Manager
London, United Kingdom | Deloitte Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Consulting - IT
Job Description:68 people have viewed this job
The FS industry is at exciting cross-roads to achieve their digital ambitions, where changing user expectations and enabling technology advancements are driving transformation at an unprecedented scale. As a leader in the digital business, we are at the forefront of shaping and delivering these transformations to help our clients to be digital.
As an experienced architect you can lead the technical design and delivery with multi-disciplinary teams by leveraging modern digital technologies and proven agile methods to helps our clients realise value, and have a positive impact for their customers and society overall. You will architect and build end-to-end solution offering that includes application development & integration , cloud native development, mobile-first principles, quality-focused values and customer-centric experiences.
Digital transformation architects are responsible for designing and delivering modern digital solutions leveraging market leading technologies for our clients. The successful candidate will be experienced in creating an end-state architecture, defining a roadmap to achieve the end-state and working closely with the delivery teams to ensure the technology solution being delivered meets the proposed architecture.
You’ll be based in our airy and bustling offices in Clerkenwell, London, with its legendary coffee machine and model train track, you’ll also work with clients throughout UK and beyond.
This is a permanent role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
• Understand the client’s strategy and develop an end-state architecture that meets the desired needs
• Work with key stakeholders to agree the end-state architecture and develop a roadmap to achieve the end-state
• Develop a view of various architecture domains covering applications, information, security and infrastructure working with other specialists
• Socialise the architecture artefacts and work closely with the design and delivery teams to help them understand the architecture and guide them through the delivery lifecycle
• Participate in various governance forums to get approval for the architecture artefacts and also present possible options to resolve any ongoing architecture challenges
• Manage risks and issues related to architecture by working closely with other team members to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule
• Provide technical leadership to development teams through application development and regular design sessions and other quality assurance activities.
• Actively participate and contribute to the Architecture Guild, building and growing as a team from shared experiences
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Architecture and Design experience of enterprise applications using current and upcoming languages (e.g. Java, Kotlin, Go, Rust) , and open-source technology frameworks.
• Strong understanding of DevOps processes facilitating Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using latest technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes)
• Proven knowledge of integration and delivery with core systems (e.g. Policy Admin systems, Core Banking systems)
• High-level understanding of CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce), eCommerce platforms
• Experience in delivering cloud-native applications e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP
• Hands-on experience in designing and delivering services using modern architecture patterns e.g., microservices, RESTful APIs,
• Experience in delivering end-to-end software delivery lifecycle, using agile delivery methods and multi-disciplinary teams
• Understanding of FS industry regulations like Open Banking/PSD2 (Banking), Origo Options (Insurance), MiFID II (Capital Markets)
• Experience of client facing roles where you have built relationships with stakeholders, conducted workshops and ability to influence others through persuasive communication.
• Ability to work independently and manage a team, with a sharp focus on continuous improvement
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Right to live and work in the UK