Digital Media Director, Paid Acquisition
New York City, NY, USA | Discovery Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:66 people have viewed this job
The Media Strategy & Analytics team is a central hub of excellence around media planning, buying, and strategy. Moving to an in-house media agency model enables a more holistic and integrated approach to driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and TV Everywhere streaming services (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, ID, OWN, etc.), along with driving subscriptions to Discovery’s new direct-to-consumer digital streaming products (MotorTrend and GOLFTV).
This role is within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition Strategy pod. The Director will lead the paid acquisition efforts for Discovery’s digital products (US TV Everywhere, Motor Trend, and GOLFTV) with the goal of efficiently and effectively acquiring users/subscribers.
1. Lead the development, execution, and analysis of Motor Trend, GOLFTV, and TV Everywhere paid acquisition campaigns that will primarily run across SEM, paid social, and programmatic.
2. Lead the development, execution, and analysis of paid user acquisition and remarketing campaigns across Discovery’s digital properties - including mobile, desktop, and connected TV devices.
3. Identify and test new customer acquisition tactics to improve performance and reduce cost per acquisition (CPA) to efficiently grow the subscribers base.
4. Have oversight of all acquisition efforts running out of the US and collaborate with International counterparts to ensure learnings are applied to all acquisition campaigns.
5. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure paid acquisition efforts align and are lockstep with the larger promotional strategy.
6. Collaborate with internal and external teams to build LTV models and campaign reports to track spending, performance, and ROI/ROAS.
7. Analyse, report, and present strategic insights to senior leadership to highlight learnings that can be leveraged across all digital products.
8. Constant testing of new targets and creative, including structured A/B tests.
9. Responsible for staying up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies – particularly across paid performance marketing vehicles.
10. Develop and coach direct reports.
* 6+ years of experience in relevant field (digital media buying, performance media/marketing, direct response). Digital media agency experience strongly preferred.
* Solid foundational understanding of media concepts, terminology, and bid-based buying models.
* Prior experience with managing and developing a team.
* Experience working with conversion tracking and mobile marketing attribution partners (such as Kochava) and also digital reporting tools (such as Google Analytics, Adobe) is required.
* Experience and understanding of paid social, programmatic, and SEM buying platforms (demand side platforms, Google Ads/AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, etc.) is required.
* Understanding of paid digital streaming and subscription ecosystem is a plus.
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanour, excellent communicator, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and monitor/optimize campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Polished professional with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong analytics skills are a must.
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In