Digital - User Experience Design Lead, VP
Plano, TX, USA | Global Securities, Investment and Retail Banking Firm
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
The Design Lead will help set the direction, vision, and methodology for a growing team in our NY studio and set the bar for quality by example, with energy and passion. This will require a strong point of view on design, hands-on creation of experiences, developing strategies for implementation within a complex ecosystem and building meaningful relationships within the organization.
A user-centric view is paramount for the role, while providing simple, fun and innovatively enriching mobile experiences for our customers. You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside our design systems, graphics, architecture, product and engineering teams to deliver new experiences through effective artifacts (from Customer Journeys & Ecosystem Maps to Participatory Design Prototypes & Wireframes). A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and visual design is a must for the role.
This leadership role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes and contexts.
Finally, you are a customer experience advocate and leader, excited about our customer’s lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.
• 10+ years of experience in experience design required
• Team management experience
• Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
• Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
• Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences
• Proven understanding of responsive web & mobile application design and wireframe development
• Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs: on paper, in Keynote, Axure, and other digital methods
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
• Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
• Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
• Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
• Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
• BFA or BA in related field, graduate design degree preferred