New York, NY, USA | Discovery Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:64 people have viewed this job
Discovery is looking for an expert and customer obsessed Director, Acquisition for the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Chip and Joanna Gaines. As the Director, Acquisition you will be a leader on a team owning the overall acquisition strategy, budget and core KPIs for growing high-value subscribers cost effectively. You will ensure that the teams you work with proceed smoothly from ideation through to release. This role will be responsible for driving our subscriptions.
Create the strategic marketing plan for customer acquisition and product growth Strategies
Develop marketing partnerships and oversee merchandising with distribution platform partners (i.e., Roku, Apple, Amazon, Google)
Collaborate with Analytics, Research and IT teams to develop core KPIs and reporting dashboards that drive the business.
Identify trends and key insights that continually improve customer acquisition, conversion and engagement rates
Proactively identify marketing opportunities and challenges while offering strategic solutions
Drive continuous innovation in digital marketing, including testing methodology, measurement, creative, marketing automation tools.
• 7+ years of experience in performance marketing
• Proven track record with a variety of successful subscribers delivered across multiple platforms, screens and ecosystems with experience in high profile multifaceted business.
• Deep experience working in direct-to-consumer or subscription business
• Experience in media or content a plus
• Familiarity with both subscription- and advertising-based business models would be ideal
• Deep understanding of, and strong success in, a business focused on the implementation of consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing tactics and plans
• Extensive familiarity with using customer segmentation and data, test, target and measure marketing campaigns and advanced, innovative digital strategies
• Experience managing a CRM and data system to enhance a subscriber base
• Proven responsibility for driving significant revenue impact
• Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
• Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneous
• Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Graduate degree preferred
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Already a member? Sign In