Director, Analytics & Data Strategy– Capital Projects
San Francisco, CA, USA | FTI Consulting
Job Description:93 people have viewed this job
About The Role
FTI Consulting Construction Solutions is a leading global provider of commercial management, risk-based advisory, dispute resolution services and strategic communications counsel on complex projects across all construction and engineering industries. Our professionals are industry leaders and seasoned testifying experts, representing top talent across disciplines, including engineers, architects, accountants, quantity surveyors, planning and scheduling specialists, cost engineers, project managers, technologists, and strategic communications professionals.
Our clients hire us to ensure that every aspect of their operating assets, capital program or project is properly governed, well-executed and fully supported from beginning to end. FTI Consulting draws on its breadth of international construction experience and knowledge to deliver the best outcome for our clients, wherever their projects may be located.
What You'll Do
A Director is responsible for providing consulting services to support our clients' efforts to improve operating asset management and capital project delivery across the pillars of people, process, data, and technology. These services are focused on providing transformation and improvements to the ways clients’ utilize data and analytics to solve problems and delivery value to the business.
Responsibilities may include:
- Helping our clients develop strategies and solutions to improve data-driven decisions while working with structured and unstructured data sets.
- Leading scopes of work, client engagements and teams of consultants while aiding large consulting engagements.
- Leading business and technical requirements gathering efforts with clients and help determine optimal solutions to meet their needs.
- Analyzing client's current state system / solution architectures, developing future state system landscape recommendations, and providing implementation roadmaps.
- Contributing to data management, analysis, and analytical activities, such as extract, transform and load (ETL), data modeling, statistical data assessments, multilinear regression analysis, key performance indicator analysis and other similar activities.
- Supporting development of executive level, portfolio level and project level reports and dashboards using business intelligence visualizations.
- Supporting system analysis, selection, and implementation, including project management information systems, business intelligence systems, data warehouse systems, and statistical analysis systems.
How You'll Grow
Our practice provides the opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a leveraged, team-based model of diversely skilled, intelligent, and successful individuals. Team members regularly exceed expectations and are recognized accordingly through promotion, compensation, public recognition and positive feedback. You will have the opportunity to change business models and the chance to make a real impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Engineering, Construction Management, Computer Science or Business
- 7+ years of experience in business intelligence, data analytics, data science, machine learning, technology consulting and or management consulting
- Working knowledge of data mining and statistical analysis techniques like hypothesis testing, segmentation and modelling to analyze large amounts of data
- Experience with the latest technology, tools, and solutions in the following areas: Data Warehouse, Big Data, SQL/Python/R Coding, Business Intelligence, etc.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate the insights from findings to relevant stakeholders, leaders, and executives
- Exceptional problem-solving skills - an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset
- Advanced Excel skills to aggregate, model, and manage large data sets
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Power BI and or Tableau skills, including ability to transform data, develop calculations and measures, develop charts and tables, as well as develop interactive dashboards / reports
- Working knowledge of extract, transform and load data processing, integration, and automation
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- Team player with positive and energetic attitude, as well as keen leadership and management skills
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices, so a successful candidate will be able to maintain a flexible travel schedule
- COVID Vaccine required*
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- MBA or graduate degree in Data Science or STEM
- Ability to build compelling sales materials, proposals, and business development presentations
- Ability to teach data science, concepts, tools, features, functions, and benefits of different approaches to apply them
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing workloads or priorities
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, work well under pressure and be resourceful
- Capable of defending positions with rational arguments2
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
Already a member? Sign In