Director / Associate Director - Patient PrEP Marketing
Foster City, CA, USA | Gilead Sciences
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
• Supports the DTC Promotions Marketing strategy and manages key strategic and tactical planning for HIV Prevention/Truvada for PrEP; reports to the US Senior Director of PrEP Marketing, DTC Promotions
• Oversees the development and implementation of marketing strategies, messaging and tactics directed toward diverse Consumer populations at risk of HIV – including men who have sex with men, heterosexual women and transgender individuals - incorporating health literacy and adult learning principles
• Demonstrates command of traditional and non-traditional Consumer marketing channels, including TV, print, digital, social media, out-of-home and CRM.
• Provides leadership and support to direct reports and develops, coaches and manages performance of the team
• Collaborates closely with HIV Treatment and Franchise Leads to ensure alignment on marketing direction and coordinated efforts for the success of the HIV Business Unit
• Partners with cross-functional partners across the organization to identify synergies, solve business problems, and optimize overall DTC efforts.
• Effectively manages multiple agency partner relationships to ensure appropriate support for DTC marketing team
• Supports Senior Director on new product launch strategy and planning for Consumers
• Closely manage and achieve promotional and media budget targets for assigned programs
• Develop and deliver presentations to a range of internal (executives, US leadership team, sales) and external audiences
• Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and policies
• High performing in-line/strategic marketer with the ability to align on a vision and collaborate across diverse internal and external stakeholders.
• Strategic thinker with innovative mindset and ability to make critical decisions and recommendations among a range of strategic choices.
• Must have an entrepreneurial mentality and be confident working within a fast paced and challenging environment.
• Adept at forming and maintaining a strong partnership with cross-functional teams.
• Proven leader/manager of direct reports, keeping their growth and development top of mind as a key factor in team success
• Demonstrate successful pharma/biotech patient/community marketing with an understanding of expense budget planning, tracking and measurement/ROI.
• Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
• 7+ years of pharmaceutical experience.
• A minimum of 3-5 years in product marketing or advertising focused on Consumers or patients is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields required.
• Proven leadership and management experience preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of Consumer marketing fundamentals, promotional strategy, and commercial policies and practices required
• Previous experience in marketing, market research and/or advertising/communications agency experience recommended.
• Strong understanding of financial management and expense budget planning and tracking.
• Must be fluent in conversational and written English
Already a member? Sign In