Director, Business Intelligence and Reporting
Winston Salem, NC, USA | Wake Forest
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify and mitigate compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, and periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services and Corporate Compliance Departments. Full alignment with the vision, mission and values of the WFBMC organization are expected in every aspect of this job. Ensures immediate action is taken on any issues identified through a self-assessment or by Legal Services or Corporate Compliance; that policies are developed or revised as necessary; and that efforts are made to ensure a positive and compliant work environment for all employees. Responsible for establishing and executing the analytics and reporting strategy at WFBMC through the effective alignment and management of people, processes and technology.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Business with ten years in the design, implementation and management of business/clinical applications with progressive responsibility in large scale data warehouse environments. Six years middle to upper management experience required.
1. Exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, and periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services and Corporate Compliance Departments. Ensures immediate action is taken on any issues identified through a self-assessment or by Legal Services or Corporate Compliance; that policies are developed or revised as necessary; and that efforts are made to ensure a positive and compliant work environment for all employees.
2. Demonstrates leadership in the areas of: Human Resources Financial Management Planning Directing Continuous quality improvement Institutional support and representation Customer service
3. Works with clinical, research and business leaders and Information Technology experts to formulate ideas into cohesive enterprise data warehouse and analytic strategies.
4. Determines current and future enterprise data needs and develops appropriate strategies for the organization.
5. Establishes the strategy for the growth and maintenance of the reporting, analytic, and dashboard systems.
6. Responsible for the development and delivery of analytical solutions to stakeholders.
7. Acquires and manages technical expertise to meet the needs of the organization.
8. Responsible for the identification of the organization's information needs and oversight of the development, deployment, and adoption of business intelligence and analytic tools.
9. Develops and manages budgets in accordance with Finance and EIM policy including the justification for capital requests and explanation of variances.
10. Hires, motivates, monitors and develops team members to maintain a knowledgeable, high performing and highly-qualified Business Intelligence and Reporting team.
11. Develops forecasts, statistical models, segmentation schemes, and data-driven analyses to drive the business.
12. Nurtures and promotes the adherence to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center data governance standards within the organization and team.
13. Ensures compliance with federal and state information security regulations/requirements (ACO, EHR, HIE, HITECH, HIPAA, MU2 and PSQIA).
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills Excellent ability to manage large scale business intelligence and reporting environments Strong understanding of patient privacy, compliance and CMS clinical data requirements Possess strong business acumen and consistently demonstrate forward thinking Ability to network with and influence cross-functionally at all levels of the organization Ability to manage and motivate assigned staff to achieve superior outcomes Advanced background in system analysis, design and problem solving Superior ability to translate user requirements into functional and technical specifications Excellent mentoring and coaching experience Solid knowledge of healthcare software and technologies Proactively investigates new technologies Superior problem solving skills Strong initiative and proven ability to work independently Able to communicate on a professional level with customers and staff High tolerance for ambiguity and conflict Strong sensitivity to customer service Familiarity with change management
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, patients, families, and physicians Clean, comfortable office environment
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Already a member? Sign In