Director, CFO Advisory | Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Chicago, IL, USA | FTI Consulting
Job Description:129 people have viewed this job
About the Role
In FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring organization, we focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
Within the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment, the Office of the CFO practice offers solutions to manage our client’s CFO inbox for a company and help maximize its performance to position them for success to meet today’s increasing challenges. This role will be a critical team member to help lead and execute client engagements.This role also carries business development responsibilities in addition to client work
What You’ll Do
The Director will collaborate with various internal teams and help support and execute client engagements by:
• Performing high quality client work and developing client relationships for CFO advisory service assignments, including taking a proactive approach and anticipating client needs.
• Developing and scaling knowledge management; including tools, methodologies, reports, models, work plans, checklists and processes.
• Assisting with practice development and marketing, including developing materials, surveys, events and case studies.
• Leading engagement work streams and projects with limited oversight.
• Providing independent perspective with respect to financial organizations, processes, technology and people.
• Participating in the writing of thought leadership pieces relevant to CFOs and the OCFO practice.
• Taking a leadership role in helping coach, train, and mentor Jr. Staff.
How You’ll Grow
The performance expectation for our client’s finance function is at a new peak, and the demands placed on a CFO have never been greater.This is where you can step in and make an immediate impact. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with proven, hands-on project delivery experience to work with our Fortune 500 clients to help them plan, design, and execute key financial technologies to streamline their financial operations.
• Undergraduate or Masters’ degree in a Business related major or Economics.
• 6+ years of experience in financial consulting and advisory, in a corporate rotational program focused on developing financial leaders, or in execution or leadership roles in an industry finance, accounting or FP&A function.
• Expertise with Microsoft Excel with a strong ability to develop and scale financial models.
• Experience as an external (or internal consultant) with a CFO advisory or consulting background.
• Ability to quickly synthesize and advise on complex financial and operational concepts and issues; and translate those to clear and actionable recommendations and insights.
• Experience with business intelligence tools and/or data analytics is preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) certifications, or an MBA, is preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 80%
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
Already a member? Sign In