Director - Clinics and Residency
Wausau, WI, USA | Aspirus
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:75 people have viewed this job
For a 4th year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Director – Clinics and Residency in Wausau, Wisconsin at Aspirus Wausau Family Medicine. Works in tandem with the Regional Medical Director.This leadership dyad provides vision, leadership, direction, and oversight to specialty clinic medical staff, managers, clinic coordinators, clinic supervisors, and overall clinic operations.Responsible for adherence of medical and support staff to administrative and operational policies and procedures.Interacts with physicians and management staff to identify and resolve operational issues.Interacts with Operating Committees and/or Board of Directors and Community Organizations to develop new programs and services.Is responsible for strategy development and execution, as well as overall clinic(s) growth and development.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health planning and management sufficient to manage, direct, and coordinate the operations of multiple clinic sites normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor degree in Health or Business Administration required.Master’s degree in Health or Business Administration preferred.
- Ten years’ experience in health administration including at least five years in direct clinic administration/operations preferred.
- Professional development courses in health care management desired.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the community’s health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Knowledge in leadership skills, program and service implementation, and strategic planning.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development sufficient to ensure organizational productivity.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles sufficient to analyze and interpret results and recommend new or additional practices in financial and accounting matters.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to organize and integrate organization priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
Hours: Full time, Benefit package available, 40 Hours per week, Day Shift.
Aspirus Medical Group has a vast network of more than 61 community-based clinics and 544 providers who are committed to developing trusting, personal and caring relationships with their patients. Aspirus Medical Group provides high quality, accessible health care to a growing number of communities and provides a continuum of excellent, comprehensive, cost-effective care for the entire family. Our team of primary care providers in family medicine, OB/GYN, internal medicine, pediatrics and urgent care has access to and works closely with a highly skilled group of specialists to prevent, diagnose, and treat illnesses and disease. For the 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been named by IBM Watson Health as one of the Nation’s Top 15 Health Systems, based on analysis of overall organizational performance and quality. We are a system of 10 hospitals and more than 61 clinics spanning 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, with the opportunity to affect approximately 770,000 lives.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Already a member? Sign In