Director, Commercial Mainstream Notebook Product Planning
Spring, TX, USA | HP Enterprise
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
At HP, our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere — every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us — inspires us — to do what we do. To make what we make. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze.
We are searching for a seasoned leader with a vision of the future to drive a global planning team that will interface with support functions such as Engineering, System Management, Markets & CO, Sales & customer, and key partners (Microsoft, Google, Intel, AMD), to drive a profitable & successful Mainstream business. Influencing at all levels to drive the overall success of the business with new form factors, innovative product roadmaps, impactful GTM plans, and successful product launches that lead to industry awards and competitive differentiation.
This leader needs to be able to understand the competitive and market environment in terms of competitive swim lanes and pricing, competitive form factors, competitive and industry innovation and devise a solid strategy to accelerate HP Commercial Mainstream Notebook growth and drive the HP brand to a differentiator and market leader.
This leader needs to be a customer advocate and must be able to provide cross-functional guidance, so the organization focuses on the correct priorities. Responsibilities include inspiring, leading, coaching, and mentoring manager and IC product planners responsible for product roadmaps and portfolio planning as direct staff and ensure this community of product planners are on a path that results in delivering a world class Mainstream portfolio.
- Manage 5-10 product managers and/or Product Planning Managers directly or indirectly responsible for planning Commercial Mainstream Notebook portfolio.
- Ensure that resources are appropriately allocated, and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with organizational metrics and business plans.
- Identify opportunities for and drive organizational initiatives and programs to support business process improvements and cost reductions.
- Provide overall people-care management for direct reports, including hiring, setting, and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
- Develop and drive long term portfolio plan and roadmaps – Work with WW channel & sales teams to develop Mainstream NB muscle & channel strength.
- Advocate for Notebooks with ecosystem partners (Microsoft, Intel, AMD, etc.) for their support and strong collaboration during product development, ideation, launch and sales activities.
- Translate broad strategic Mainstream Notebook direction to goals and long-term business plans.
- Provide insights to executive management & lead the development of strategy, tradeoffs, and drive decisions for the portfolio.
- Influence & manage issue resolution with engineering, supply chain, system management, and CO to drive on-time PLC checkpoints for all Mainstream Notebook products.
- Articulate Mainstream positioning & drive a strong 4P strategic plan with CO, WW Marketing & NPI team
- Plan and own launches & participation at events such as CES, VMworld, HPR, etc.
- Feedback insights from interactions with sales & customers to the planning team for future products
- Own & drive process enhancements to ensure that the overall process can scale with the business.
- Build & manage relationships with key customers, partners, customer welcome center executives for a hands-on approach with Mainstream Notebook customers.
- Consistently perform competitive analysis against top industry players to ensure our line-up is differentiated and competitive.
- Own the heat maps & PFV analysis and feedback from CO/markets.
- Build a roadmap of change, prioritize projects and resources to ensure successful delivery of the roadmap.
- Proven track record of bringing diverse groups together to move initiatives forward and successfully bringing products and solutions to market.
- Marketing: Broad knowledge of marketing and marketing program implementation; knowledge of product life cycle, in-depth knowledge of the key marketing elements (products, pricing, place, and promotion)
- Leadership: Able to lead effectively in a complex and political environment and deliver results; Able to influence without direct authority; Able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative; Able to drive team performance to world class; Able to create and build highly effective teams and organizations; Able to communicate effectively across multiple levels in HP and the industry.
- Strategic Planning & Implementation: Orchestrates the development of strategic plans that reflects HP's business strategy to advance market share/penetration and achieve profitable growth.
- Problem Solving: Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensures comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Communication: Craft and articulate vision & strategies for success with the ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly. Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g., written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Business and Financial Acumen: Exhibits authoritative business and financial acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations.
- Execution Management: Collaborates effectively with HP BUs and value chain partners to ensure operational responsiveness to challenges, and alignment with business imperatives. Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business.
- Good understanding of HP's policies and processes.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Advanced business degree required
- Typically, 15 or more years of related work experience, including 10 years of people management experience.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong track record of customer empathy
- Passion for products and hands-on mentality
- Superior understanding of product design and execution management
- Prior experience as a people manager, leading & managing teams toward a common goal.
- Prior experience in product management/planning
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Already a member? Sign In