Houston, TX, USA | Comcast
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Responsible for directing all Construction activities in support of new plant construction, rebuilding, and existing plant upgrades. Works with Construction Managers to provide direction and guidance necessary to develop budgets for and allocate appropriate funds for new builds, rebuilds, upgrades and other construction efforts. Responsible for Design, Construction, Fiber Construction, Planned and Emergency Restoration, Utility Relations, and Project Management.
Primary Responsibilities: Custom content you provide
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Establishes and maintains recommended construction standards and practices.
- Oversees work activities of installation, site survey, trouble call and construction coordination of commercial customers.
- Aligns performance metrics to support the achievement of business, department, and team goals. Works closely with division and region staff to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting, measuring, and monitoring new build and commercial opportunities.
- Negotiates pricing; executes and manages the On-Target/Dig-Safe contracts to guarantee the most fluid network underground plant protection operating procedures and the best financial pricing for each region within the division.
- Works closely with Corporate/Legal to ensure that all contractors/vendors meet all Company guidelines for Certificate of Insurances and Company Master Agreements.
- Leads and directs the Division Design Center team. Ensures accuracy of all plant design.
- Directs/Oversees all projects within the region.
- Works with commercial lead to develop and execute overall strategies that will support both residential and commercial initiatives.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Finance
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience