Chicago, IL, USA | Spark Foundry
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
About Spark Foundry:
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention, to care more about our clients’ brands, and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Director, Content plays a key role in the integration of content strategy and activation into communications planning for a large, high-profile client and leads projects that support content activation, i.e. recommendations for content themes, partnerships and distribution.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in content sourcing process to secure high quality, strategic content from partners. Includes identifying “considered set” of content creation, co-creation and curation partners and operating “requests for content” with select partners, from brief through recommendation
- Track performance of content programs, including post-program wrap-ups and recommendations
- Monitor high performance content brands for case studies and best practices
- Assist client with operation of weekly content publishing forums
- Audit existing client content for re-use and identify thematic and/or format gaps
- Manage weekly status reports and calls
- 8+ years in marketing, journalism or related field, including 2+ years with content marketing responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven experience writing presentations, creative briefs, summaries of industry news and/or POVs
- Branded entertainment, entertainment marketing, and product placement knowledge
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Superb presentation abilities
- Exposure to production and general knowledge of the TV/digital production industry
- Awareness of entertainment and consumer trends and insights
- Superior organization skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams and oversee execution of numerous projects simultaneously
- Exposure to working with creative teams and senior management
- Strong client relations skills and ability to think strategically from a client’s perspective
- Ability to think conceptually and to translate those concepts into actionable plans to drive clients’ businesses forward
- Entrepreneurial approach to finding and securing new opportunities
- Proven experience in construction of marketing programs and exposure to contract negotiations for marketing programs
- Highly collaborative – a team player capable of managing clients, partners, and internal teams
- Conceptual and forward-thinking – comfortable in a sometimes-ambiguous environment and excited about inventing new ways of working
- Detail-oriented – able to prioritize and juggle many projects and deliverables at once
- Analytical - capable of using metrics to make sound performance management recommendations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Already a member? Sign In