Director, Corporate Communications
Mentor, OH, USA | STERIS plc
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for the development and implementation of corporate communication strategy that enhances internal and external stakeholders’ understanding of the company’s priorities, key initiatives, culture and business strategy.
This role will lead corporate communications for STERIS and will work with internal resources to create content that strategically position STERIS with key stakeholders. They will serve as an advisor to senior leadership and human resources to ensure alignment and consistency of corporate messaging and facilitate two-way communication between management and global team members. In addition, this individual will be responsible for community relations and media relations for STERIS and will support financial communications as needed.
• Create, lead and execute corporate communication strategy, with significant emphasis on internal communications with our Associates.
• Coordinate with internal communications leaders and marketing across the organization to align on corporate messaging. This will include review and approval of materials created by those teams to ensure alignment with corporate branding.
• Create and lead strategy for social media for STERIS at the corporate level.
• Manage STERIS’s corporate intranet.
• Be the primary point-person for community relations and media relations, acting as a company spokesperson when needed and establishing key relationships.
• Coordinate and execute communications plans for major announcements across key stakeholder groups.
• Support and influence internal CEO communications strategy and messaging.
• Produce corporate level marketing materials and publications such as the annual report, corporate presentation and fact sheet, overview video and investor relations materials.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Four year college degree with 12 years of communications experience; strongly prefer public company experience
• Evidence of value added contributions to your organizations.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to create relationships at all levels.
• Leadership skills that encompass vision, strategy, planning and critical thinking.
• Ability to prepare clear and succinct written and oral communications for presentation to the highest level of Management and possibly the Board.
• A willingness to travel, learn, work in a team environment, and ability to be a catalyst for positive change.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Already a member? Sign In