Director - Credit & Portfolio Group Manager
New York City, NY, USA | Citi Private Bank
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:82 people have viewed this job
The primary role of a Director within the Hedge Fund Credit group will be to manage and dictate the risk Citi is willing to take to the various hedge funds covered by the analyst.In addition, the Director will serve as mentor for one or more junior credit officers.The analyst will also be responsible for:
- Performing initial and annual credit reviews on a portfolio of hedge funds.
- Approving credit facilities, specific transactions and exceptions within delegated credit authority.
- Approving trades and communicating with the sales force on a daily basis
- Advancing and innovating risk management tactics.
- Streamlining processes and changing firm-wide policies and procedures to be more reflective of current market conditions.
- Negotiating the credit-related terms in ISDA, MRA, MSFTA and other capital markets documentation.
- Partnering with a specific trading desk within the firm, and educating the team on the risks associated with their given desk
- Interacting with Hedge Fund clients, trading desks, operations and legal.
- Providing leadership and guidance to junior staff.As well as reviewing and providing constructive feedback on annual reviews completed by the junior staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All new hires are subject to work eligibility verification via the DHS E-Verification system.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a complex portfolio of hedge funds - spanning the various strategies traded by these counterparties.The candidate should also possess the following:
- 15+ years of previous work experience in a related field.
- Knowledge across Capital Markets trading and lending products, particularly in derivatives, structured and other complex products traded by hedge funds.
- Strong grasp of current technologies including stress testing is highly beneficial.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access.
- Highly effective communication skills, used to partner with other groups and present findings and suggestions to management.
- Motivated and confident to drive change.
- Attention to detail; unaffected by high pressure situations.
- Quantitative and intuitive skills in the risks inherent in capital markets products, transactions and positions.
- Formal credit training with experience in a global institution.
- Real sense for how to build / support business growth.
- Bachelor degree required; additional degrees/designations which may include MBA, or MS desirable.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In