Director, Customer Experience Segmentation (CX)
Remote, CA, USA | Travelers
Industry:Insurance - General
Customer Experience & Support
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$120,500.00 – $198,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?
The Enterprise Segmentation team at Travelers is building an emerging customer segmentation capability that will power business efforts to target and engage customers, drive value and create a competitive advantage. As a Senior Director, Customer Segmentation you have the opportunity to help build Travelers segmentation capabilities and manage large scale segmentation projects that will advance business objectives.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with research, data science leads and business unit stakeholders to build new segmentation approach to help expand knowledge of their customer market by providing a holistic view spanning internal, external, and behavioral economics that also size and prioritize the market.
- Guide business unit stakeholders on how to use segmentation to create value and enable strategic goals. Help mature capability and flexibly support use of segmentation to advance business objectives including product, distribution, marketing, etc. Partner with business units to stand up use case tests that can scale to advance segmentation capabilities.
- Act as key lead to advance use of segmentation as integral part of Enterprise Customer Experience projects. Act as segmentation lead to help mature and guide use of capability to enhance value and integrate segmentation into journey transformation efforts.
- Support building of segmentation maturation program. Create cross functional teams including Voice of the Customer, Enterprise Market Research, Enterprise Customer Experience Design, Enterprise Customer Experience circle leads, Enterprise Customer Experience Culture and business unit stakeholders. Periodically synthesize and socialize findings from team members to enhance ongoing value creation through customer intimacy.
- Bachelors degree
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Graduate degree
- Blend of insurance or financial services industry background plus customer centered business experience ideally on a business that is run from a segment led perspective.
- Conceptual understanding of concepts of targeting and using segmentation across the P&L to drive value (strategy, product, experience, marketing). Conceptual understanding of modern segmentation including deriving attitudes and beliefs (behavioral economics), embedding an internal market view, and an external market view all with an aim of providing enhanced value to the business unit stakeholder/s.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
Synthesizer and conceptual thinker with data and research acumen. Ability to digest broad range of data and research, make linkages and draw conclusions, and translate complex concepts in a compelling and simplified way. Experienced in working with market research and principles of research.
Blend of influencer and partner. Deep experience driving change and cultivating relationships while participating or leading projects.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
Already a member? Sign In