Director, Data & Analytics
Atlanta, GA, USA | Leading Telecommunications Company
Industry:Media / Entertainment
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
Leading Telecommunications Company Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) Applied Analytics team is looking for a data centric, analytical leader who enjoys working on solving complex business questions using large, complex real-world data. Your work will directly impact Leading Telecommunications Company operations and contribute to the growth of our business.
The successful candidate will:
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams & business partners with intent to build strong relationships that ultimately lead to identification of ways the team can engage and improve business value
- Promote and evangelize a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity and knowledge sharing while maintaining an environment that is upbeat and fun
- Proactively evaluate, capture, and translate complex business questions into a structured analytical and data plan, including identification of effective work stream
- Partner with senior members of the business to understand each analytical opportunity and be able to determine data needs for each opportunity
- Have a high degree of intellectual curiosity that will help the team brainstorm through data needs and the implications the data will have on each analytical project
- Be able to quickly identify data architecture, sources, and data design/meaning for the required analytical needs
- Be accomplished in the art of connecting and creating large and complex data sets to be used by the data science and analytical teams to create finished business ready insights
- Utilize hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to reveal insights and opportunities by accessing, processing, exploring, interpreting transaction / event level data to succinctly tell the story and tie it to business implications.
- Explore the unknown, brainstorming new ideas, building things, breaking things, and tireless attempt to identify business solutions
- Develop analytic plans to identify, understand, collect, transform, and document data sets that can be used to drive business insights.
- Actively build strong partnerships internally within EBI and with other business leaders.
- Establishes policies, standards, practices, and security measures to assure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard the information resources.
- Recommends alternative solutions or adjustments to solutions to correct problems or solidify successes in the perspective of current and proposed operating strategies.
- Identifies and drives system improvements to create efficiencies with regards to cost and performance.
- Directs the planning and deployment of data engineering and analytics solutions, policies, and procedures, including design of source documents, operational requirements, sustaining activities, and performance reports.
- Directs the continuing review of all current systems/applications and formulation of future systems/applications so as to efficiently accomplish business purposes within budget.
- Develops and communicates goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals.
- Collaborate as part of the senior leadership team within EBI. Promotes transparent communication among management team
- Proficient in Python, SQL, Tableau, Hive, UNIX, and Presto and as well as a willingness to pick up new skills in this area
- Git, Spark/Scala, and PowerShell experience
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques
- Demonstrated creativity in determining the correct data for the 'next' set of questions
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action
- 'Lean forward' bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple projects in parallel
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills ability to 'understand the issue' and 'tell the story'
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
- Work on problems requiring judgment and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, economics, statistics, psychology, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or finance
- MBA strongly preferred
Years of Experience:
- 10+ years related experience.