Director, Data Science - Planning Process Integration
Culver City, CO, USA | Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
This newly created position is responsible for establishing a data science function from a corporate perspective at Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) closely working with business with the objective to add value to their activities. The candidate will report to SVP, Planning Process Integration and must have a proven track record, possess a passion to pioneering a data driven culture, and experience in working with business.
* Responsible for developing statistical and machine learning solutions to identify cross-business unit marketing opportunities
* Work with business units for the optimization of digital marketing channels including performing feedback closed loop results
* Gather data insights related to consumer behavior, content affinity, audience segmentation, media consumption to drive business decisions across business units
* Working with data scientists across SPE to build scalable prototypes of machine learning algorithms, build production quality codes, manage and maintain the code base
* Contribute to the analytical model design of every phase of the SPE customer life cycle (awareness, consideration, engagement, consumption, retention, advocacy) via insights gained through analysis and research
* Provide input and guidance to the acquisition of data, partner opportunities and analytical competencies to strengthen SPE data related capabilities
* BA/BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Sciences (e.g., Machine Learning, Business Analytics, Informatics) or another related field.
* MS/PhD degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist with a proven track record of leveraging analytics and big data to drive significant business impact.
* 8+ years of experience with data analytics, computational statistics or similar data mining work functions.
* Highly analytical, results oriented, have superior organizational skills with strong attention to details and deadlines. Able to effectively manage multiple projects/assignments.
* Practiced data manipulation and mining of structured and unstructured data.
* Expert in predictive modeling and analysis, predictive algorithm development, machine learning algorithms, and data visualization solutions
* Proficient with SQL as a means of gathering data from relational databases.
* Experience using statistical packages such as SAS and R and preferably a scripting language (Python, Perl) Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
* Experienced with the information technology aspects of data collection, organization, and integration
* Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
* Knowledge in optimal computational environment required for data processing, and data mining
* Practical experience around leveraging deep learning and unsupervised learning methods to solve for Identity Resolution, Consumer Churn/Acquisition Prediction Models
* Practical experience in executing and validating hypothesis and model accuracy
* Practical experience in developing data products for the broader business
* Familiar with Web Analytics Sources and Data Structures
* Familiar with Direct Marketing Tools like Exact Target and Ad Platforms
* Experience with leveraging API’s for various DSP Platforms
* Familiarity with AWS ecosystem is a plus
* Business experience in media industry preferred
Already a member? Sign In