Shanghai, USA | Hilton Worldwide
Industry:Hospitality, Travel, & Leisure
Job Description:82 people have viewed this job
If you understand the importance of a proper welcome and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Worldwide. Because it's with Hilton Worldwide where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike. We're Hilton Worldwide. Welcome.
What will I be doing?
The objective of this position is to work within the Development Team to:
1. Originate leads for new hotel projects;
2. Evaluate opportunities for fit with the strategy and objectives of the enterprise;
3. Negotiate and contract projects; and
4. Ultimately as a consequence of the above, see the trading estate grow with the opening of contracted hotels and thus deliver on the strategic objective of expanding the global footprint of our enterprise.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ROLE
1. Lead generation: to succeed you must work effectively with colleagues, industry contacts, investment parties, consultants, lawyers, financiers, etc. to generate leads which conform to agreed strategies and standards in order to identify development opportunities for growth at the local and group level. You will need to be a self-starter moving to act in this regard without constantly needing review, follow up and direction.
2. Interpersonal skills: you will required to be a strong communicator (in all of its mediums) and have the ability to interact effectively with an extremely diverse group of stakeholders (outside and inside the enterprise) to sell ideas and galvanise support.
3. Development Strategy & Reporting: You must work effectively with team members, industry contacts and competitors to assist the Development Team in formulating (and thereafter appropriately refining/adapting) development strategy for Asia. The objective here is to ensure our strategy remains fresh, powerful and agile. Further, support will be required in mapping the progress made in pursuit of the strategy.
4. Market Intelligence: through formulation and deployment of a diverse network of contacts you will contribute to build our capability in assembling and evaluating quality market intelligence in all of its forms to identify opportunities. For example this may entail reviewing markets to identify previously unknown opportunities, researching the activity of real estate developers with whom we currently have no point of relationship, or researching the activity of our competitors (whilst adhering to Corporate Policy) to identify future opportunities that we may legitimately pursue.
5. Opportunity evaluation & coordination: drawing upon market intelligence and existing commercial skills (including corporate finance analysis) you will be able to formulate a robust perspective on the relative merits of hotel opportunities to aid decision making on whether we should pursue the opportunity. Further, in conjunction with the SVP Development you will help coordinate the prioritisation of competing (or potentially conflicting) opportunities within a market and thus so help direct activity within the Development Team.
6. Deal Execution: You must work effectively with owners, internal and external advisors (particularly legal advisors) and colleagues to execute deals in line with agreed priorities, Hilton standards and in conformity with corporate approvals. Negotiations should be conducted with the objective of securing integrative gains rather than distributive (zero sum) outcomes. You will look beyond the signing of deals to recognise the real finishing line of any project is to see the hotel successfully open and trading.
7. Development Administration: You will need to be adept and efficient at the following; (i) management and retention of project documentation; (ii) maintaining accurate and up to date project information in the O2O database, (iii) coordinating effectively with the Feasibility & Investment Analysis Team; (iv) drafting concise, accurate and balanced Development Authorities, (v) ensuring a crisp and concise handover of projects to Technical Services and Operations, (vi) working effectively with Finance and Compliance to complete due diligence in line with policy and best practice.
8. Enterprise and Brand knowledge: You will need to maintain up to date knowledge of the brand portfolio of Hilton Worldwide, the attributes and strengths of our commercial engines and the advantage in our Operations & Performance Management platforms. Further, knowledge and understanding of our contract documentation is essential.
9. Marketing & Event Management: You will assist in the formulation, project management and execution of a wide variety of marketing initiatives including conferences, road shows and developing marketing collateral/programs.
10. Hilton Profile: the role will work to sustain and grow the profile of Hilton in the wider marketplace, government, business and social environs.
What are we looking for?
Team Members serving Hilton, its Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To carry out your job effectively, you will need to demonstrate proficiency with the following personal skills, qualities and attributes:
1. A results orientated mind set as we believe in substance over form;
2. An ability to work in a non routine, fluid and at times chaotic environment whilst making sure the work is delivered to the highest professional standards;
3. Contribute to the wider team culture of esprit des corp with a sense of fun, creativity and innovation;
4. A willingness to travel for work purposes within the Asia region;
5. A relevant University Degree;
6. Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
7. Strong communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to use these across different management levels;
8. Strong initiative with the ability to anticipate, and not simply react to, business needs;
9. Ability to manage a range of competing priorities and demands through strong time management skills; and
10. Experience in working in a diverse set of cultural environments
11. Mandatory - Fluent English & Mandarin. – written & spoken
Alrdeady a member? Sign In