Director, Engineering Product Line Management
Remote, NH, USA | Celestica
Industry:Computer Hardware / Consumer Electronics
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
If you’re reading this, chances are that you’re getting this information over at least one piece of hardware that we designed, developed, manufactured or service. Celestica is the brand behind the brands you love in tech and we design, develop, and manufacture leading-edge Hardware Platform Solutions in Networking, Storage, and Server solutions from general purpose to customized Cloud, AI, machine learning, Edge and 5G deployments.Across Data Centers and Enterprise deployments, we are partnered with an impressive roster of some of the world’s biggest tech companies. We work with 9 of the top 10 global internet service providers, 4 of the top 5 global storage providers, 3 of the top 5 networking OEMs, and the top 3 non-X86 server providers engineering solutions for this generation and the next.
Our customers experience firsthand the power of our people - people who share a passion for innovation, technology, collaboration, performance and quality. People who, together, make a formidable team that is not only transforming our company, but transforming the technology landscape of the future.
Celestica might not be a household name, but as you evaluate the companies, industries, cultures and teams that you are considering for your next career move, we hope that one thing will become very clear: Celestica is no ordinary company. We are change makers. Innovators. And we have an unrelenting drive to find the way for our customers.
Let’s engineer the future together.
At Celestica, technology is driving advancements that are revolutionizing the way we live and work. Our end-to-end product lifecycle solutions support the most complex products across multiple markets, including communications, enterprise, aerospace and defense, smart energy, healthcare technology, industrial and capital equipment.Our customized solutions provide new and faster ways to develop products in the competitive enterprise and cloud markets.
Celestica’s Hardware Product Solutions Team has openings for Directors of Product Line Management. This individual must possess a strong understanding of either Networking, Storage, or Server products. They will work closely with multiple groups within Celestica to develop and sustain platforms for Enterprise and Service Provider customers.
The ideal candidate has experience with hardware and software product management, understands the full product lifecycle (cradle to grave), and has strong program management experience with ongoing parallel projects. The candidate will own all commercial aspects of products and should possess strong analytical abilities and judgment, and be an active contributor in setting up processes to increase the impact of strong product management practices. This opportunity requires excellent business, technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
This is a Remote work from home position, travel as necessary, open to any location in the US that is reasonably close to an airport.
- Ownership of commercial deployments of product solutions for one of the following disciplines; networking/switching/routing, storage, server products
- Keep abreast of new technologies, market trends and customer requirements for networking, storage and server products
- Engage key organizations within Celestica to drive collaboration of new product solutions, based on customer feedback, supplier technologies and market data
- Create and drive approval on business cases for products going to market, including product pricing.
- Track actual performance against business case plan
- Responsible for program execution to schedule and budget for the full product lifecycle
- Responsible for the overall product P&L, including close-loop analysis
- Oversight of program execution from key organizations (Marketing, Sales, Development, Aftermarket Services, Manufacturing, Quality, Account Mgmt, Pricing/Quoting, Legal, etc.)
- Manage customer sample systems (requirements, management, allocation, recovery, etc.)
- Define spares strategy and AEP setup
- Review/approve engineering change requests from development and customers
- Drive Value Engineering sessions to continuously reduce product costs
- Participate in all phase gate reviews for your products
- Oversight of Product transfers (design and/or manufacturing)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Entrepreneurship, positive attitude, ability, desire, and willingness to make an impact
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to adjust communication style based on the audience (from highly detailed to executive summary)
- Strong project management skills and experience, including managing internal and external stakeholders, and multiple launches and projects at once
- Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted hardware product programs with the ability to drive projects through completion
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and ensure deadlines are met and expectations exceeded
- Must thrive in a work-from-home environment
- Expect 10-25% travel (international and domestic) when it is safe to travel.
- BS in Engineering with a strong background in business and/or marketing
- MBA is preferred
- 15+ years of relevant product management experience at a Service Provider or Enterprise technology company
- Recent experience in a fast-paced, multinational technology company
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Celestica’s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This policy applies to hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment and also states that retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the world’s best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global expertise and insight at every stage of product development – from drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions for the Cloud.
Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Already a member? Sign In