Director, Engineering - Remote
Madison, NJ, USA | Realogy
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Realogy’s application engineering team. We’re completely reinventing how we work by shedding the constraints of legacy systems and empowering our team to create modern, flexible solutions and innovative products. This drives our goal to develop the technology and real-time, data-driven systems to better support our agents and their clients.
As a member of our Tech and Data team, you will lead the development of enterprise APIs to support the next generation of business applications that support our real estate agents, brokers and customers.
Who you are
- Ready to embrace change, to adopt new technologies, to innovate, and rapidly deliver
- Confident communicating with leadership and partners both inside and outside the business
- Eager to mentor and motivate colleagues to help them achieve successful and progress their careers
- Prepared to share your work and best practices with other teams
- Lead API and application engineering for multiple Agile development teams focused on foundational, enterprise capabilities
- Properly staff teams to deliver against commitments while maintaining budget alignment
- Analyze, design and deliver flexible, scalable and resilient software solutions with an automation-first and cloud-native focus
- Partner with multiple product, business, and engineering teams to ensure solutions support business goals and architecture guidelines
- Institute efficient review processes that ensure design, code, security, and guidelines are addressed from the start
- Assist the teams by removing roadblocks, clarifying priorities, and doing whatever it takes to allow them to maintain timelines while achieving delivery goals
What you need
You have 10+ years leading application development teams, a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent and demonstrated experience in:
- Leading and supporting Agile development teams
- Using automation to develop & deploy AWS Cloud Native applications and serverless components
- Leveraging application containers and container management solutions like Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS ECS-Fargate
- Working with a variety of technology stacks and learning new technologies
- Developing web and mobile applications
- Providing technology thought leadership (architecture, design, security, cloud and agile)
You’re also familiar with the some of the following software/tools:
- Golang, Python, Java/J2EE, Scala, Kotlin, C/C++ languages
- Scripting/automation tools (BASH/KSH/ZSH, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Web application frameworks such as Angular and React
- RESTful services, API Gateways, and PostMan
- Development tools: Jira, Confluence and BitBucket/GitLab
- Microservices and microservice frameworks
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is the leading and most integrated provider of U.S. residential real estate services, encompassing franchise, brokerage, and title and settlement businesses as well as a mortgage joint venture. Realogy’s diverse brand portfolio includes some of the most recognized names in real estate: Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, Century 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, Corcoran®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty®. Using innovative technology, data and marketing products, best-in-class learning and support services, and high-quality lead generation programs, Realogy fuels the productivity of independent sales agents, helping them build stronger businesses and best serve today’s consumers. Realogy's affiliated brokerages operate around the world with approximately 190,000 independent sales agents in the United States and more than 112,000 independent sales agents in 113 other countries and territories.
At Realogy, diversity fuels success – for our company and for our employees. We strive to be the preferred company for diverse talent, committed to creating an inclusive environment that encourages everyone to succeed. We pursue talent – strategic thinkers who are eager to innovate, focused on execution and accountable for results. We value diversity – respecting backgrounds, cultures, perspectives.
You’ll find our commitment to diversity reflected in our achievements:
- Forbes 2020 Best Employers for Diversity.
- Recognized on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index .
- Recognized for gender diversity on our board of directors by Executive Women of New Jersey and Women’s Forum of New York.
- First residential real estate company to endorse the Equality Act and fully supportH.R. 1447 amending the Fair Housing Act to include LGBTQ+ as protected classes.
With diversity, we succeed together. We hope you’ll join us.
Colorado Applicants Only
The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $139,000 to $231,500. This position is eligible for incentive compensation in the form of a bonus.
Already a member? Sign In