Director, Enterprise Risk Reporting
Toronto , Canada | Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
Lead a team that provides risk-related information to various audiences including the Board of Directors and Senior Executives. This includes the preparation of the quarterly Enterprise Risk Report and the execution of the Top and Emerging Risk process.
• Leading the development of Board level presentations, including the quarterly Enterprise Risk Management Report (a comprehensive report highlighting all key risks).
• Transforming information and data into comprehensive value-added analysis and insights of risks facing the Bank, which supports decision making at the most senior levels of the organization in collaboration with stakeholders across Global Risk Management (GRM).
• Ensuring risk reporting processes are adequate and meet all control and governance requirements.
• Executing the Top and Emerging risk program requiring strong research and data analytics capabilities, breadth of risk management experience, and strong communication abilities.
• Provide change leadership by continuously improving reporting efficiency and effectiveness leveraging best practices and automation, where appropriate.
• Develop strong partnerships with internal stakeholders across the three lines of defence.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
• Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team
• Minimum of 10 years of risk management experience with focus on financial and/or management reporting in the financial services industry with a solid understanding of risk reporting technology.
• Breadth of risk management experience with knowledge of both financial and non-financial risks
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills; ability to make logical or implied connections from a vast array of information.
• Advanced communication skills; demonstrated ability to develop effective board level reporting with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experienced people leader, including demonstrated skills in the building diverse high-performing teams.
• Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced reporting environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and strong communication skills are essential to influence and collaborate effectively with others
• Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant designation (e.g. CPA, CFA) or Master’s degree preferred.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
Already a member? Sign In