Director, Equipment Sales Programs
Milwaukee, WI, USA | Johnson Controls
Industry:Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
Job Description:62 people have viewed this job
Under general direction, develops, plans and executes growth strategies, direct market and sales agent channel marketing activities to drive profitable market share growth for the Building Solutions HVAC Equipment business. Participates in developing marketing plans, sales channel programs and growth strategies that support and complement other JCI offerings including our Controls, Service, Security and Fire businesses. Drives concept development and develops and leads program components. Takes ownership over meeting financial targets. May be involved in global projects crossing Business Units.
How you will do it
1. Supports NA leadership, areas and local markets in the development of strategic marketing and sales enablement programs to facilitate HVAC equipment sales growth.
2. Works in collaboration with other marketing teams across the business to lead and develop programs that drive and support our complementary growth objectives.
3. Develops programs and leverages CI metrics to ensure our key growth strategies are delivering results: Portfolio Growth, Basis of Design, Mid Market, Commercial Unitary Equipment, and Optimization offerings.
4. Responsible for supporting BSNA leadership team with analytics and direction on ways to optimize our channels and offerings to grow HVAC Equipment sales and market share.
5. In conjunction with Product Management, develops and maintains a Competitive Intelligence portal that extracts real-time data from the field and our product managers.
6. Manages market-side of Systems offerings, defines market requirements, seeks new offerings to fill line card gaps and participates in the phase gate process for new development programs.
7. Develops alliance partnerships with third party suppliers who fit within our Building Efficiency growth strategies
8. Collects, consolidates, and prioritizes field feedback and incorporates into ease of business strategies and marketing programs.
9. Translates strategic and program goals to specific financial impacts. Creates organizational financial models and gains buy-in on financial targets.
10. Rationalizes and proposes pricing updates across equipment offerings to ensure we maintain optimal balance of margin expansion and market share growth
11. Creates business cases. Prioritizes among different investment options. Coaches and critiques others on business case creation.
12. Oversees creation of entire deployment package for a new program or product launch (brochure, presentations, deployment guide, specifications, competitive benchmarking, etc.) Creates training collateral, BBPs and videos to aid in program effectiveness. Drives deployment to local markets with the area’s assistance. Leads tracking and effectiveness measurement. Ensures global consistency and support for programs.
13. Develops Portfolio Certification training programs that focus on increasing readiness and effectiveness of our salesforce to grow all equipment product offerings.
14. Requires expert knowledge in several professional or industry fields and the ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas. Requires theoretical, practical, and HVAC industry knowledge.
15. Leads projects of high complexity
16. Participates in sales efforts, has direct customer contact. Speaks at association and customer events, leads association committees, projects, etc.
17. Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, a related field or equivalent experience, MBA preferred. Eight to ten years’ experience in construction marketing and/or sales, including three to five years of sales or marketing management experience and/or direct sales experience.
· Requires general knowledge of assigned marketing segment and the ability to integrate information from many diverse areas.
·Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
·Analytical skills and ability to effectively organize marketing data.
Already a member? Sign In