Director, Executive Engagement
Portland, OR, USA | Providence Health & Services
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
PR & Communications
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
Providence is calling an Director, Executive Engagement - Providence Health Plan for our location in SW Washington, Oregon or Northern California.
The Director of Executive Engagement for Providence Health Plan (PHP) is a dynamic and experienced leader who will advance executive-level communications and engagement strategies for internal and external audiences. Reporting to the PHP Chief of Staff, the individual will work closely with the plan’s CEO and executive leadership team to showcase PHP’s impact, influence and thought leadership among key stakeholders to deliver on the mission and goals of the organization.
- Develop and execute an executive communications and engagement program to advance the mission of PHP and enhance market visibility.
- Drive the development of a company narrative, working in partnership with the CEO, Chief of Staff and other key leaders to integrate and align messaging.
- Create and implement tactics and vehicles for communicating (presentations, meetings, emails, speaking engagements, videos, social media strategy and content).
- Partner with executive leaders to support the delivery of clear and concise content for board of directors’ meetings and other highly visible meetings and events.
- Serve as a trusted counselor and thought partner to executives to advise on best practices for engagement and communications.
- Coordinate digital strategies for executives, including social media content and engagement.
- Monitor program effectiveness and regularly report on performance metrics.
- Manage relationships with agencies and partners.
- Manage presence at industry events, speaking engagements and internal forums; maintain executive calendar of events.
- Contribute to change management and culture transformation initiatives to support employee engagement and retention goals.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills
- Exceptional writer and storyteller at heart.
- Experience in developing integrated communications/stakeholder engagement plans with knowledge of industry best practices.
- Proven diplomat with exceptional interpersonal skills, presence and professionalism.
- Experience in advising, working directly with senior executives by building trusted business relationships.
- Strategic thought leader, brainstorm partner and sounding board.
- Demonstrated leader with experience in managing people and agency partners.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Agility and flexibility in coordinating multiple high-level projects.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovative thinking to elevate new and exciting engagement strategies; emphasis on digital strategies.
- Track record of working within a highly matrixed group of stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office technology and other relevant tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- 12 or more years of demonstrated senior management experience in leading enterprise-level communications programs.
- 5 or more years of executive communications and engagement experience.
- At least 2 years of health insurance (health plan) experience.
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities. The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs.
At Providence, our quality vision is simple, "Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of “Know me, care for me, ease my way.” Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, we’ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.
Already a member? Sign In