Director, Federal Business Development
Arlington, VA, USA | Publicis Media
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
Publicis Sapient is a leader in digital transformation space, helping the best brands in the world get to their future, digitally enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. Fueled by a recognized heritage in large-scale IT and engineering, we combine market leading capabilities in strategy, technology & engineering, platforming, experience design and more.
As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession is amplified by our parent company, Publicis Groupe, the world’s largest multi-national communications and marketing organization. Our culture is one of curiosity and relentlessness, and we embrace diversity and reward imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries, and our team looks to each person to bring skills and passion to help our clients solve their biggest business challenges.
Publicis Sapient will continue to grow exponentially in this pivotal time in history, driven by the transformation of our own Growth Force, which is comprised of Business Development executives, Client Partners, Partner Sales Executives, and other go-to-market roles. Our mission is clear: lead Publicis Sapient’s growth to achieve revenue growth of 3x by 2025 and beyond.
We are seeking highly seasoned Federal Business Development professional to join our elite Government Services Team to focus on developing new markets, new industries, and new clients. You will provide thought leadership and innovation in relentless pursuit of helping our clients achieve their goals. You will bring the full capabilities of Publicis Sapient to your client(s) to expand and grow the business. Your individual results roll-up to the results of our company growth, and in this role, you will harness the depth and breadth of Publicis Sapient’s portfolio and rich assets along with the unique capabilities we bring to bear through the Power of One with Publicis Groupe.
In this role, you will be tasked with the following:
- Own the Capture Strategy for IT Modernization and Digital Transformation within the Federal Government.
- Maintain a strong Federal and partner relationship network, short- and long-term roadmap, tactical plan executed and driven through pipeline management to sell full PS portfolio and range of capabilities
- Cultivate the PS value proposition for Federal Government clients, emphasizing the impact of innovative technologies and the outcomes that can be achieved through digital transformation
- Ideate and develop thought leadership pieces on IT opportunities within the Federal Government; represent PS by presenting ideas at events and conferences attended by Federal clients and partners
- Identify, cultivate, and lead new pursuits in one or multiple target accounts, often at different stages of capture, acting as the “One PS” leader to Client
- Use a wide variety of data sources and personally developed network sources to identify and shape prospect opportunities, partnerships, and emerging market or new requirement opportunities
- Ensure all opportunities are accurately reflected and forecasted in our CRM, and worked through appropriate business development, capture, and proposal gates
- Engage the right business unit executives, operations, and/or delivery SMEs and personnel are engaged and informed in the capture effort at the right time
- Enhance perception of PS across Groupe, industry, current clients or prospects through relationship building, thought leadership, event or association participation, and marketing efforts
- Stay abreast of industry trends as well as trends in the digitally enabled world, including how these trends may affect client’s business and marketing initiatives, industry partnerships, and to proactively position PS as the preferred and differentiated solution provider
- Craft and negotiate prime and partnership agreements focused on achieving mutually beneficial outcomes for Publicis Sapient and its clients
- Business: Maintain a thorough understanding of PS’ GTM offerings and solutions, brand and network building, industry trends, and client buying patterns
- Partnership: Ability to develop and nurture Trusted Partner-level relationships with both clients and internal stakeholders via a strong Industry POV, value-driven conversations at executive and decision maker level
- Leadership: Leverage strong leadership capability to organize and motivate internal SME teams, drive change and inspire/develop others, and operate independently with a data-driven, savvy approach to include research, business intelligence, and strategy
- Self: Strong learning mindset and drive for continuous evolution and self-improvement, including exceptional communication and negotiation skills, personal adaptability, and high empathy and curiosity
- A unique breed of business developer that must be part hunter, strategist, digital investigator and entrepreneur
- Demonstrated expertise and established professional network across IT Modernization and Digital Transformation field to expand our federal portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum with advanced degrees preferred
- Flexible and mobile, able to work in a hybrid WFH and office and travel as the role necessitates
- Location preference – Arlington, VA
Pay Range: $155,000 - $303,000
The range shown represents a grouping of relevant ranges currently in use at Publicis Sapient. Actual range for this position may differ, depending on location and specific skillset required for the work itself.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
Already a member? Sign In