Director - Gas Instrumentation and Regulation
Westborough, MA, USA | Eversource Energy
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Responsible for developing and formulating policies and procedures for Gas Instrumentation and Regulation and managing the safe reliable operation of critical infrastructure, including pressure control, pressure monitoring, and odorization. Directs the planning and coordination of all operational activities within the department. Accountability includes but is not limited to, public and employee safety, O&M and Capital budgetary controls, system operations, construction and maintenance activities including gate stations and regulator stations.
• Directs the safe reliable operation of critical infrastructure, including pressure control, pressure monitoring, and odorization.
• Directs the development and implementation of standards, policies and procedures for the Gas Instrumentation and Regulation group.
• Collaborates with other Gas Directors in developing a robust, consistent and fully integrated framework of work practices ensuring the delivery of service excellence and best in class processes.
• Responsible for ensuring that the department complies with all regulatory and safety codes and requirements for gate stations and regulator stations; ensures systems operate in compliance with Company environmental operating procedures.
• Manages and provides technical guidance and functional and administrative direction to all managers, supervisors and team leaders responsible for Instrumentation and Regulation operations.
• Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Instrumentation and Regulation and is active in the gas industry.
• Reviews and approves time, vehicle and expense reports, purchase requisitions and invoices related to departmental activity.
• Ensures adherence to Eversource labor negotiated contracts, maintains a working relationship with the area bargaining unit leadership and effectively administers the agreement between the Company and the Union.
• Responsible for developing, and managing operating, maintenance and capital budgets within the department.
• Serves as Eversource representative in developing and maintaining effective relationships with committees, task forces or work groups representing the Company’s industry interests, such as the American Gas Association, Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities, Connecticut Department of Public Utility Control, Northeast Gas Association, etc.
• Strong knowledge of gas engineering, construction and maintenance policies, procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of applicable governmental codes and regulations affecting gas distribution.
• Experience building collaborative relationships with external parties, ideally to include regulatory leadership, along with excellent written, oral communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
• Skill set and ability to engage in the assessment of gas system adequacy and reliability through risk analysis studies and sponsoring recommendations for system projects
• Ability to manage multi-State I&R functions
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or engineering technology, preferred, may consider equivalent technical experience
• Twelve years of related experience
• Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
• Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet
• Employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
• Pipeline Safety position subject to Eversource’s Drug and Alcohol Policy
• This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
• Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
• Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
• Drive accountability/monitor progress
• Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
• Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
• Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
• Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
• Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
• Create individual development plans with direct reports
• Set realistic performance objectives
• Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
• Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
• Surface and address competing goals
• Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
• Conduct teambuilding/development processes
• Encourage collaboration
• Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
• Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
• Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
• Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
• Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
• Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
• Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
• Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
• Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment.This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Already a member? Sign In