Director - HP
Tacoma, WA, USA | Multicare Health System
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:86 people have viewed this job
The reasons to work at MultiCare are as unique as the people who do. Join us for the professional challenges you seek. In the settings you prefer. With schedules that fit your life.
The Director of HP Consultative Services is responsible for the delivery of HP specific consultative support to all levels of leadership within the Region. The incumbent is responsible for advising and counseling management to ensure the accurate administration of MultiCare Health Systems Human Resources policies and procedures. The Director and the consultative team they manage are responsible for all activities relating to daily labor/employee relations issues within the region. The Director functions as a change agent in assisting in the formulation and implementation of business strategies and service effectiveness. The Director partners with HP Centers of Excellence (COEs), particularly the Labor Relations team regarding labor strategy and implementation. Serves as a consultant for organizational change within MHS through strategic HR leadership, guidance and consultation with leaders and managers. Works to develop and transfer HR skills to line managers and provides guidance to leaders and managers related to organizational and employee effectiveness, performance management and regulatory compliance. Supervises and guides the assigned HP Partner team and all related HP activities within the service area. The position requires extensive internal contacts that include all levels of staff and management throughout the health system often involving confidential and complex issues. External contacts include state and local officials, community/technical and college leadership, union representatives, attorneys, consultants, and outside agencies and require the ability to develop a rapport with outside individuals for the purpose of discussing and exchanging confidential information. Manages and coordinates key elements of various Human Resources programs, on a case by case basis, in an effort to design and deliver effective consultative services across functional lines.
- 8 years of experience in Human Resources to include employee relations, labor and policy development in a large organization, preferably in healthcare.
- 5 years in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Experience in employee recognition, rewards, engagement, and leadership development required.
- Experience in auditing the personnel function, interpretation of personnel policy, and managing a wide range of employee relation issues.
- Consideration may be given to internal candidates not meeting the minimum qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care Administration, or related field required.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Recognized human resources professional certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, etc.)
Already a member? Sign In