Director, HR Business Partnership
Seattle, WA, USA | Electronic Arts
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:96 people have viewed this job
ThisHuman Resources Director is accountable for the business partner relationship to drive a global talent strategy and a HR roadmap working with senior management and executives within EA Digital Platform technology organizations.In this role, the HR Director partners with, coaches and advises Sr. Leaders in their organizations to build their leadership capability in support of the business strategy, developing our talent and achieving key business outcomes.This role is also expected to take leadership roles on EA-wide HR programs and related project teams.
This role will have a large global scope working with leaders and teams in our US locations: Redwood Shores, Seattle, Austin, as well as a large global reach:Bucharest, Romania, Stockholm,Sweden, and Hyderabad, India.The role requires significant experience working across cultures and designing a strategic resource plan on a global scale.
What the Human Resources Director does at EA:
* Designs a comprehensive global talent strategy with executive management to ensure successful execution of business objectives. Works in partnership with HR Centers of Excellence (COE’s) that comprise our Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Management and HR Business Solutions teams in order to develop and facilitate strategic talent solutions from hiring through career progression.
* Change Management: Coaches executives and management on planning and communications related to change management initiatives, and working through organizational design to drive role clarity at the individual and team level. Defines and drives/facilitates complex change initiatives for client group(s). Educates management and key stakeholders on best practices in change management. Orchestrates full circle review of change impact to ensure change acceptance. Communicates changes and potential impact to wider group of constituents outside of client group.
* Talent and Workforce Planning solutions: Leads efforts to identify potential successors for critical roles and leadership positions. Drives initiatives in partnership with respective COE partners to attract, retain, and develop key talent. Establishes clarity about critical roles and develops strategies to address retention risks and skill gaps, ensuring depth of bench strength for key roles across client group. Involved in selection of internal and external talent. Provides direct coaching and mentoring of several key high potentials.
* Culture and Employee Experience: Helps establish and foster EA culture, consistently driving improvement in programs, diagnostics, and related training/coaching engagements, in order to develop EAs overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair and equitable workplace. Is responsible for all ER-related issues in assigned client group(s). Works with managers, employees and appropriate others to respond to all employee relations issues in ways that foster a cohesive and enjoyable workplace. Works closely with the management team and HR team supporting these groups to ensure employees' clarity about EA’s business vision and helps to build a culture of passion for that greater mission.
* Performance, Recognition and Rewards: Creates insightful approaches to employee recognition and rewards; can assess market data to drive optimal compensation decisions, and is innovative about ways outside of compensation to provide meaningful reward and recognition. Is accountable for the successful implementation of the life cycle of the performance and compensation process across all assigned client group(s), this includes being knowledgeable of business unit budgets and demonstrates ability to utilize funds effectively during annual cycle. Shows good judgment in knowing when to advocate out-of-guideline recommendations. Demonstrated ability, with compensation partner, to develop recommendations on executive compensation. Understand concepts of unvested equity and vesting timelines as it relates to compensation.
* Organizational Effectiveness:Identifies gaps hindering achievement of business outcomes and ensures business is focused on solving root cause issues. Drives increasingly complex initiatives to improve organization effectiveness. Works across COEs (as applicable) to develop recommended solutions. Coaches, trains and fosters management capability.
*Workforce Analytics and Technology:Identifies key metrics to assess and diagnose the health of the organization. Educates management on headcount planning and related metrics (e.g. span-of-control) to support their business decisions. Applies knowledge of HR metrics and uses data from various tools (e.g. Team Health, Workday, etc.) appropriately to assess and influence / drive business decisions. Consults with management on workforce planning and headcount management for client group.
* Drives key EA-wide HR programs in partnership with the worldwide HR team and the HR Centers of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, HR Operations, and Learning, Engagement & Performance)
The next great Human Resources Director at EA also needs to have:
* Minimum experience: Bachelor or Masters Degree in a relevant field plus 10 or more years of progressive success as a senior strategic HR business partner/manager.Proven experience managing and implementing large scale HR programs and/or initiatives across global technical teams.
*Demonstrated success developing high potential HRBP individuals/teams.
*Knowledge leader, with demonstrated mastery in organizational development/design, change leadership, and overall talent management.
* A business leader, who is equally a builder of HR solutions based on HR best practices, as well as, an astute business member who employs solutions that affect the current and future performance of the business.
*Is passionate about working with deeply technical leaders and teams.
* Excellent change management skills - comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments.
* Can balance compassion and toughness in coaching others and leading through change.
* Excellent at building and managing through relationships across the HR organization - with peers, upwards, and with center of expertise partners.
* Good understanding of local employment law, coupled with the ability to gain a high level understanding of territorial employment customs and practices working with EA's worldwide HR team.
* Has a passion for creating healthy organizations, driving transformation and helping culture be a competitive advantage.
* Must have a sense of humor and a drive to win!
Already a member? Sign In