Director, Human Resources, M&A and Integration
Grand Prairie, TX, USA | Orora
Industry:Logistics, Freight, Packaging, & Warehousing
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
At Orora, we believe our packaging touches lives and together, we, together as a team, deliver on the promise of what’s inside. From custom packaging design and packaging materials, to prototype development and manufacturing, packaging automation and equipment, kitting and fulfillment, global sourcing, and full service warehousing and logistics, our packaging consultants develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions that take a product from concept to consumer.It is with this passion and commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the very best talent by living our core values of Teamwork, Passion, Respect, and Integrity every day.These core values define who we are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other, with our customers, and with our communities. Every day, we deliver packaging solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations while solving complex problems as a team.We believe that all team members (irrespective of their role or level), should aspire to distinctive leadership behavior, as we continue to deliver on the promise for our customers, shareholders and each other. Leadership is not tied to a job title, i.e. you don’t need to be accountable for a team to be considered a leader.
Director, Human Resources, M&A and Integration
Orora Packaging Solutions is seeking an experienced Director, Human Resources, M&A and Integration
Summary of Role and How You’ll Fit In
Partnering with the VP, M&A and Transformation, this leader will be a key part of the due diligence and integration team for future mergers and acquisitions across Orora Packaging Solutions.Immediate focus is to provide strategic and daily HR leadership support and integration offormer acquisitions until they are fully integrated into the present business structure.This will involve daily HR support to the management at various levels within the assigned geographic area/s or region/s. The Director, Human Resources, M&A and Integration is a member of the business leadership team and the HR Leadership Team. This position is accountable for the successful implementation of our people strategy and business strategic initiatives and transformation efforts.HR focus areas will be in site integrations, talent management, performance management, leadership development, employee relations and engagement, change management, compensation and benefits, and the execution of recruiting strategies.This is completed in partnership with the HR Centers of Excellence and the region/geography leadership.
This position will report to the: CHRO, OPS
Travel Requirement:% of Travel Required/Frequency: 25 – 50% (depending on M&A activity)
FLSA Status: Exempt
What You’ll be Responsible For
- Key member of M&A merger and acquisition team assessing culture, talent, organization design, total reward, etc.,
- Lead HR integration of mergers and acquisitions and act as interim HR leader of acquisitions, as needed, until business is fully integrated.
- Partner with the business leaders to help guide and support the business initiatives and align them with the people strategy.
- Acts as a change agent, working in partnership with business leaders to drive the transformation agenda - developing transition/change plans, leading communication, and engagement activities, and ensuring managers are equipped to handle all people matters.
- Viewed as a business leader and an HR leader who has the ability to build a business case for change and customize or adjust initiatives for the assigned environments.
- Continuously reviews the organizational design, role design, workflow, efficiency, and effectiveness of the business and partners with the leadership team if changes need to be made.
- Embeds talent management processes to ensure we have succession plans in place, retention risks are known, career conversations take place and development plans agreed and monitored for key co-worker groups.Coaches business leaders on talent management issues.
- Leads business and co-worker performance improvement through leadership of the performance management program with coaching on goal setting, meaningful development plans, mid-year reviews, and quality year end reviews.
- Coaches and counsels on conflict management and resolution.Investigates complaints or manages complaint resolutions.Partners with facility management and the HR team to reach resolutions.
- Models and fosters company culture.Ensures fair treatment and equitable application of OPS’ policies and procedures.Implements appropriate disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Provides coaching and advice to managers and co-workers to issue resolution and provides day to day support and advice.
- Works in partnership with the corporate Centers of Excellence to ensure HR and business alignment with programs and services.
- Utilizes internal and external data, generates, and analyzes reports as required to provide basis for business cases and meet regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Full managerial responsibilities to lead, develop, and coach a team of 2-4 co-workers. Mentors and develops the more junior HR members who will be both direct and indirect reports to this role.
- Leads HR function within assigned functions, regions and/or lines of business to ensure performance is aligned with the company strategy as a whole.
- Promotes diversity related initiatives within assigned area or country
- Recommends innovative and cost-effective HR solutions for the assigned area/client group and develop business plans using objective, quantifiable data.
- Supports timely and effective communication and administration of deliverables
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Social Sciences required or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources including problem solving, conflict resolution skills, consulting skills, change management and at least 3 years as an HR Business partner.
- Previous experience with M&A due diligence and integration.
- Multi-location experience with hourly co-workers required.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- General working knowledge of human resources, management skills, problem solving, conflict resolution skills, consulting skills, change management, operational management skills, decision making skills, financial, analytical skills, and influence skills.
- Must have the ability to coach management and co-workers through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or government law.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with business leaders to achieve goals.
- Ability to understand the business operations and process flows and quickly establish trust and reliability.
- Track record of success as a change agent.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills (written and spoken).
- Must possess excellent presentation skills and training delivery and facilitation experience.
- Effective listening skills and ability to present data clearly and concisely
- A Master’s Degree in Business is preferred.
- Recognized HR Professional Certification preferred, such as SPHR
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Please refer to Job Analysis
The physical demands and work environment are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Orora and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or
What We Offer
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.Here's a sample of the benefits we offer:
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) with a Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Solicitation of Payments
Orora does not solicit payment from our applicants and candidates for consideration or placement.
Already a member? Sign In