Director, IB Productivity
Toronto , Canada | Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
The Director - International Banking Productivity plays a key role in supporting Scotiabank’s International Banking business partners in developing ambitious plans to structurally transform their cost base while improving productivity, protecting and supporting customer experience and minimizing risk to the Bank and its shareholders. This role will lead and support the execution of major structural cost transformation programs within International Banking’s footprint in Latin America and the Caribbean.
• Lead and contribute to in-house consulting team, responsible for developing business solutions in fast-paced environment:
- Approach challenges logically with a problem-solving and results-oriented mindset
- Lead presentations, workshops, interviews and other project communications
- Continuously develop skills and knowledge
• Lead and support the development of long and short-term strategic initiatives to optimize operations - in terms of costs, revenue, quality, etc. - by leveraging and developing internal expertise, best in class systems, processes and tools, comparing to external benchmarks, augmenting expertise and pushing the bank towards top tier performance.
• Lead and oversee data analysis for International Banking Productivity initiatives by supporting team in:
- Identifying data needs, managing data collection and overseeing data treatment, modelling and analysis
- Identifying trends, behaviours, action items and other relevant and actionable insights
- Summarizing conclusions in structured and fact-based approach
- Validating and refining conclusions and insights, client areas and other stakeholders
• Identify opportunities for structural cost transformation, such as organizational effectiveness, process improvements, rationalization and digitization.
• Apply and develop analytical approaches to business opportunities, challenges and recommendations (including benchmark analysis and comparison, data analysis, cost rationalization, etc.) to support strategic initiatives in International Banking.
• Develop recommendations and solutions to business challenges by contributing with individual knowledge and experience, effectively communicating results of data analysis and other analytical approaches, challenging assumptions and conclusions, developing project materials to highlight and describe opportunities and support recommendations.
• Execute and oversee project management activities including development of project charters, workplans, project deliverables, managing project timelines, risks, communications, scope and quality.
• Lead program management responsibilities, such as managing stakeholders, priorities and integration between initiatives.
• Lead activities with internal stakeholders in International Banking to track progress of ongoing initiatives and proactively escalate any issues.
• Lead, own and enhance the IB Productivity Methodology and Approach within the team and with business partners and contribute to building the capabilities of the International Banking Productivity Team.
• Drive a continuous improvement and customer focused culture through deepening relationships with internal clients and leveraging broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Actively build a high performing team, attracting high performing talent and promoting employee engagement.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Spanish fluency is preferred
• 5+ years of experience in banking, financial services industry and/or management consulting
• Strong business acumen and organizational skills
• Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong knowledge in financial analysis
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Extensive experience with presentation and analytical tools (PowerPoint and Excel)
• Proven experience managing resources
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment
• Project management experience
• Ability to work in a flexible office environment – Extensive global travel may be required
• MBA and/or business/finance designation preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
Already a member? Sign In