Director, Immunology Discovery
Spring House, PA, USA | The Muse
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
We are seeking a Scientific Director within the Discovery team in the Immunology therapeutic area to drive innovative, new approaches in drug discovery, to address unmet needs in immune-mediated diseases with a focus on gastrointestinal, rheumatological and dermatological diseases.
The successful candidate will be responsible for refining and implementing our strategy to identify and prosecute novel therapeutic approaches to target key pathogenic and/or regulatory pathways across a number of immune-mediated disorders. The successful candidate will also be responsible for aggressively establishing collaborations with world-class academic and clinical thought leaders in this area to access state of the art expertise and technologies that drive innovative approaches to drug discovery. He/she will have a balance of deep technical background, exceptional communication and collaboration skills and an excellent ability to build relationships. They will work within a strong matrixed environment with colleagues within the Immunology therapeutic area and other functional areas to advance innovative new therapeutics and therapeutic strategies in immune-mediated diseases into clinical development. They will partner with our Innovation Centers and Business Development to explore external opportunities and will participate on the Discovery Senior Leadership team to enable delivery on our portfolio.
The successful candidate will:
• Contribute to establishing a premier research infrastructure to build and progress a robust asset portfolio of therapeutics targeting immune mechanisms and pathways to treat autoimmune disorders
• Provide leadership for pre-clinical drug discovery programs across the portfolio, and mentor new project leaders.
• Establish collaborations with academic and clinical thought leaders to access state-of-the-art expertise and technologies that drive innovative approaches to target and drug discovery
• Represent the company at meetings and to potential collaborators
• Interact with multiple partners in a matrix environment
• Work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation
• PhD in Immunology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or a related discipline, with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience is required.
• Drug discovery and project leadership experience is required.
• A track record of success in advancing drug discovery programs into clinical development is required.
• Experience conducting due diligence and evaluation of business development opportunities is required.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in a variety of forums, and a validated ability to work and lead in a matrix environment, while establishing and maintaining effective internal and external collaborations, is required.
• Previous line management and in vivo pharmacology experience is preferred.
• Up to 15% travel is required.
Already a member? Sign In