Director, Infrastructure & Projects Advisory - ESG Services
Chicago, IL, USA | KPMG
Job Description:64 people have viewed this job
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director in Infrastructure and Projects Advisory - ESG & Climate Advisory for our Deal Advisory practice.
- Support the ESG practice by leading multidisciplinary teams across a range of industries to assist companies to better understand and develop solutions to respond to the complex and evolving policy, regulatory and business environment risks and opportunities associated with Corporate Sustainability and ESG
- Serve as the senior Project Manager and/or Subject Matter advisor as part of ESG client engagements, actively directing Managers and Senior Associates to deliver quality work
- Direct the review and development of sustainability/ESG programs and related reporting, such as materiality assessments, peer benchmarking, stakeholder engagement, gap analysis, metric/KPI identification (in alignment with common sustainability / ESG reporting standards), and the preparation of reporting (internal and external) materials
- Lead discrete practice efforts on proposal development, focusing on structuring client value proposition, key differentiators and win themes related to the team's ESG capabilities and market opportunities
- Participate in conferences, speaking events and other thought leadership efforts to author and market ESG insights in support of client and market development
- Minimum eight years of recent accounting, financial audit, transaction advisory or ESG consulting experience from a Top Ten public accounting firm, management or ESG consultancy
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Accounting Sustainability, Business, Political Science, Environmental Engineering, Climate Science, Physical Sciences, or related field; Master's Degree in a related field (preferred, but not required)
- Extensive experience in project management including planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project; domain level subject-matter knowledge across Sustainability / ESG strategy, program design, management, reporting and transparency and risk management, etc. with a demonstrated expertise in one or more topic areas
- Experience with and knowledge of, GHG emissions accounting, climate risk assessment and climate scenario analysis a plus; knowledge of sustainability frameworks such as GRI, CDP, SASB and TCFD (experience working with frameworks a plus); advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint (Intermediate skill required, Advanced preferred); excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong research and analytical skills; experience with data analytics & visualization preferred
- Ability to travel, including potential international travel, on an as-needed basis.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
Already a member? Sign In