Director, National Accounts - Commercial Banking
Montreal, Canada | Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:78 people have viewed this job
Manages a portfolio of highly complex clients in National Accounts in a defined market area in Canada, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Promotes the development and profitable growth of the commercial banking portfolio as part of National Accounts in the assigned market area by:
- Developing and implementing a structured marketing strategy to maximize business development opportunities for sustainable growth;
- Developing strategic sales plans for prospects and existing customers;
- Identifying prospects/referrals from both internal/external networks;
- Analyzing prospect lists and prioritizing business development opportunities based on industry/market data and customer analytics;
- Partner with National Accounts Execution Team, who has primary responsibility for credit deal structuring, negotiation;
- Determining pricing for existing customer relationships in addition to proposed financing for any prospects, ensuring a satisfactory level of profitability for one’s overall book of business;
- Partner with internal resources for non-credit related products;
- Referring customers and prospects to the appropriate Commercial Bank segment and/or internal partners as appropriate.
• Pursues an aggressive business development program within the assigned market area according to agreed-upon growth objectives by:
- Leading the direct selling of credit and non-credit commercial products to prospects and customers;
- Maintaining an appropriate ongoing sales pipeline;
- Identifying and facilitating the involvement of key Bank resources and stakeholders to further business interests;
- Maintaining effective follow-up with prospects/referrals on any unsuccessful deals or bids;
- Update client or contact information accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Builds and maintains a high market profile in the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts by:
- Planning and completing relationship activities which generate sales opportunities and / or provide value to the customers;
- Building and maintaining an awareness of local market and general economic conditions;
- Meeting with key industry and business leaders, as well as other centres of influence;
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand network of contacts;
- Liaising with Bank product specialists to stay abreast of new enhancements, products and services, as necessary.
• Ensures assigned relationships receive ongoing attention, as required to maintain and grow the relationship by:
- Promoting and encouraging a strong relationship with the Execution teams for clients;
- Using strong knowledge of the Bank’s diverse products and services to ensure the banking needs of each relationship are well understood and documented;
- Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and services and the delivery of customer service;
- Liaising with the Shared Services Business Service Centre for fulfilment (including documentation, liaison with 3rd parties, security registration) and all service activities;
- Liaising with Client Portfolio Management for compliance monitoring and reporting actions as required;
- Leading the direct selling of credit and non-credit products and partners with all internal product specialist groups as required ensuring customer needs are met.
• Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank’s risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What you need to succeed - We'd love to work with you if:
• Must have at least 5 years of commercial banking experience.They require an expert knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace in Canada, a thorough knowledge of the assigned market area’s key prospects, major companies and competitive positioning within the assigned market area, and familiarity with the Loan Syndication market.
• Must also have a strong understanding of the Commercial Bank’s objectives, strategies, structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are essential to this position.Must be able to effectively articulate views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
• Strong PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other commercial systems and platforms.
• Excellent networking skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent sales/closing skills
• Very strong communication skills (oral and written).
• Excellent relationship building and teamwork skills.
• Well-developed credit skills (i.e., able to qualify and assess credit worthiness of prospects).
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Broad knowledge of Bank’s commercial lending and deposit products and services, and customer profitability model to provide integrated financial solutions.
• An undergraduate degree in business or economics (or work equivalency) is a requirement. Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
• Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Frequent travel primarily domestically.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
Already a member? Sign In