Director National Accounts - Electrical Sales
Harvey, IL, USA | Atkore International Group Inc.
Industry:Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Director, National Accounts - Electrical Sales
Who We Are:
Atkore is forging a future where our brands, suppliers, employees, customers, partners, and communities are building better together – a future focused on empowering our customers while we power and protect the world.
Atkore is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electrical, mechanical, and safety infrastructure solutions. We are also a recent recipient of Great Place to Work© and Top Workplaces© certifications. With a network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, we manufacture electrical & communications conduit & duct, cable management systems, armored cable, metal framing, and security products and solutions.
Who We Are Looking For:
Atkore currently has an opening for a Director, National Accounts to be based out of a home location near any major U.S. airport. Reporting to the VP, Strategic Accounts for Atkore’s Electrical Sales division, this person will be responsible for achieving sales and profitability goals and support Atkore’s strategic objectives with key accounts.
What You’ll Do:
• Achieve assigned sales goals with designated strategic accounts, which will likely be two accounts and both with a national scope.
• Support overall Atkore expectations for growth and profitability, including supporting the team outside of designated account responsibilities to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
• Complete strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
• Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
• Support and Promote Atkore’s core values and understand and utilize Atkore’s business system.
• Manage designated accounts, build and foster customer relationships at the national and local/regional level, and review account trends.
• Manage rebates and programs.
• Develop joint marketing plans and support brand management.
• Support and engage the sales team, agents, and technical sales staff.
• Engage Atkore executives at the top level of the account(s).
What You Bring:
• A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably with a Business or Marketing focus.
• 5+ years' sales experience with some experience in the electrical industry.
• Experience in lean manufacturing or a business system-based company is a plus.
• The ability to connect and build relationships at multiple levels of the organization.
• An understanding of both internal and external customers.
• The ability to lead and influence those that do not report to you.
• Strategic vision and the ability to have a long-term perspective.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Pivot Tables, and Powerpoint.
• Proficiency with Tableau and Salesforce.
• Financial acumen and the ability to build a business plan.
• Self-motivation, as well as the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication, phone and presentation skills.
• The ability to travel approximately 50%.
Within 3 Months, You’ll:
• Complete your new hire “Immersion” so that you are ready to rock in your new role.
• Have developed relationships with the key stakeholders for this role.
Within 6 Months, You’ll:
• Have a keen understanding of Atkore’s commercial strategy and how to apply to develop your accounts.
Within 12 Months, You’ll:
• Lead top to top and local engagement and strategy with the account.
• Have become fluent with Atkore core values and business system and how they will help grow our relationships beyond the transaction.
• Lead major growth initiatives and support the SBU’s achieve their goals.
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Already a member? Sign In