Director National Accounts Group
Montreal, Canada | National Bank of Canada
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
A career with the National Bank's National Accounts Group means assisting primarily large private companies with their complex financing needs, the majority of which are between $25 and $200 million.
As Director, National Accounts Group - Large Corporations based in Montreal, you will be responsible for growing the portfolio of business clients assigned to you. The varied and complex tasks will allow you to quickly become a privileged guide in all your clients' financial projects, such as company acquisitions, project financing or recapitalization.
In your role, you will:
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, increase your commercial client base and establish business development strategies
- Help your clients attain their business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on the most suitable combination of Bank products and services
- Manage relationships with sophisticated clients who have financing needs between $25 million and $200 million in situations that are often transactional
- Meet clients' changing needs by adapting and optimizing financial products and sales approaches
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements with clients, while making sure that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria
- Draw up sales and business development plans
- Assist the Associate Vice-President – National Accounts Group in reaching objectives
- Identify opportunities for and make referrals to the Capital Markets sector
- Work with various internal partners (Portfolio Manager, Account Representative, Risk Management, Cash Management, Private Wealth, etc.) and external partners (legal advisors and accountants)
- Act as a leader and participate in developing less experienced team members
- Participate actively in various networking activities in the sector: cocktail hours, conferences, targeted fundraisers, etc
- Identify the risks inherent to Commercial Banking sector activities
The National Accounts Large Corporate Group ("NAG") is comprised of approximately 20 finance professionals and operates in a highly competitive and dynamic environment.
- Based on your academic background, at least 8 years of experience in sales and business development within the financial industry:
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience
- Master's degree and 8 years of experience
- Mastery of the syndication process, due to the size of transactions, an asset
- In-depth expertise in financial and business analysis and understanding of inherent risks
- Solid experience in commercial credit, and with mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in sales and business development
- Network of professional contacts among local medium-size and large enterprises, an asset
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us,and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:As part of his duties, the candidate will have to travel to meet with clients. The selected candidates will have to complete online tests during the recruitment process. Please note that a minimal time in function (in the same function, same transit and/or same portfolio) of 3 years is required for this position because it demands a constant and direct relationship with customers. This period will allow you to acquire the required skills for the position and to build a relationship with your customers.
Already a member? Sign In