Director, NSP Human Resources
Boston, MA, USA | Boston Children's Hospital
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
The Director,Network Specialty Physicians Human Resources will:
• Develop, manage and monitor Human Resource programs, benefits and policies. Coordinates with Hospital HR Leadership to be included in regulatory, compliance, and policy updates.
• Evaluate and analyze the benefits plan offerings offered with an eye to the competitive market and the intent of targeting programs to drive physician retention and recruitment.
• Advise Foundation executive leadership on total reward strategies to include competitive positioning, benefit-cost, and review of utilization. Ensures consistent application of pay policies, confidentiality of pay information, and compliance with FLSA Wage and Hour Laws and Regulations.
• Manage the onboarding process for newly hired physicians and coordinate credentialing and enrollment activities.
• Establish and manage the open enrollment process.
• Develop and maintain Job Descriptions
• Create and maintain Performance Evaluations for physicians.
• Maintain effective hiring practices that support provision of high-quality, patient-centered care and promote diversity in the workplace. Develop documentation in order to maintain compliance with employment law and record retention guidelines. Assist in recruiting and retaining physicians by developing new incentives and promoting the employee value proposition.
• Design and maintain the benefit programs for Foundation physicians and clinicians. Organize, manage and conduct open enrollment periods. Ensure benefit program awareness through multiple communications channels to maximize understanding and value to physicians. Provide day-to-day benefits and COBRA administration. Manage 403(b), LOA, Disability, and Workers Compensation programs. Complete 5500 fillings. Coordinate and negotiate group rates for services related to employee benefits.
• Work with external auditing firm to complete yearly compliance reporting and audit.
• Partner with external financial advisor who leads the regularly scheduled investment fund reviews.
• Manage business-related insurance to include the identification, selection, and qualification of third-party vendors for additional negotiation and selection by the Foundation leadership and Board approval. Contracts under agreement include, but are not limited to, health, dental, vision, life, disability, 403(b), and more.
• Develop active communication with staff and team members via web portals and the intranet to ensure openness and responsiveness to team members’ questions and concerns.
• Works closely and collaboratively with BCH Human Resources.
• Maintain Foundation employee handbook.
• Develop and implement HR policies and procedures, as well as manages employee performance issues in close coordination with Hospital HR Management.
• Participate effectively in the organization’s Performance Improvement programs to improve quality and reduce costs. Develop the annual Human Resources operating budget, and monitor expenditures to ensure they remain within budgeted parameters.
• Ensure that NBC NSP Foundation staff have access to educational programs/seminars, including attendance at Hospital-wide programs.
To qualify, you must have:
• Eight years of progressively responsible human resources and/or business management experience.
• Must have significant experience managing benefits.
• Experience within the healthcare industry and working directly with physicians highly preferred.
Already a member? Sign In