Director Of Administration
Syracuse, NY, USA | Syracuse University
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
The Director of Administration supports the Chancellor and his Chief of Staff by performing operational and administrative functions that require a thorough knowledge of University policies, procedures, and operations and an understanding of the University’s role within the community. The Director of Administration has recurring contact with members of the Board of Trustees, senior administrators and executives, public and private officials, the media, students, and parents. The Director of Administration exercises initiative and independent judgment in managing the Chancellor’s schedule and the office’s daily activities. The Director of Administration uses discretion in the dissemination of information to faculty, students, staff and the various constituencies served by the University and coordinates activities with major administrative units of the University.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years of work experience preferably in an academic environment.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills are required; i.e., the ability to communicate effectively verbally and through written correspondence as well as in communicating with individuals in one-on-one situations.
• A precise command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and the correct usage of the English language is required.
• Must be adept at consistently multitasking while accurately attending to detail.
• Computer literacy is required and includes keyboarding ability and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
• Excellent organizational skills are required.
• Must be able to work independently, use initiative, and make substantive decisions quickly.
• The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
• Plan and execute the Chancellor’s daily schedule of meetings, events, appointments and correspondence. Oversee and coordinate the Chancellor’s schedule and strategically manage the schedule to advance the Chancellor’s goals and priorities. Review and finalize briefing documents. Screen and schedule requested appointments for the Chancellor, troubleshoot and delegate independently.
• Oversee and coordinate travel arrangements for the Chancellor, including preparing travel itineraries, briefing materials, and travel and expense accounting. Coordinate with Chief of Staff in the scheduling, planning and execution of Chancellor’s priority setting meetings with Board of Trustee, Executive Team and Chancellor’s Council members.
• Plan, organize and direct the day-to-day activities for the Chancellor’s Office, including supervision of the Chancellor’s Executive Assistant-Scheduler, Executive Assistant – Special Events, interns and student assistants, including the hiring, training, payroll, and oversight of scheduling.
Already a member? Sign In